• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Bannerman Class Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

arakrsptec

Former Staff
V1 Lord
Hello.
I have a suggestion.
It's a class suggestion to be exact.

Class name: Bannerman
Armor: Leather boots
Weapons: Wood sword, and a banner. When placed, the banner gives resistance 1 and speed 1 to all nearby allies in some sort of radius (perhaps 15 blocks). The banner can be destroyed, in which it must get restocked at either a chest. It also disappears upon death. It can be picked up by the bannerman again in which it returns to their inventory.
Effects: Bannerman claims flags either 2x or 1.5x faster than the average player. Speed 1.

Thoughts and suggestions?

No thoughts and suggestions also no negotiations. I will add this fine sir - for when points are added - maybe never.

Why does the banner slow friendlies? What if they don't want slowness. Perhaps keep it only resistance but make the radius shorter, like 8 blocks. Also maybe bump it up to a stone sword, I know it's a support class but it can barely defend itself.

Why does the banner slow friendlies? What if they don't want slowness. Perhaps keep it only resistance but make the radius shorter, like 8 blocks. Also maybe bump it up to a stone sword, I know it's a support class but it can barely defend itself.
Didn't know if resistance was op without a fault, but I'll remove that. What do you think of strength instead and keep it with a wood sword? It's not meant for pvp, and teams have to target it to remove the other team's buff.

[quote user_id="6137746" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/m4rine_semperfi/74.png" name="m4rine_semperfi"]Why does the banner slow friendlies? What if they don't want slowness. Perhaps keep it only resistance but make the radius shorter, like 8 blocks. Also maybe bump it up to a stone sword, I know it's a support class but it can barely defend itself.
Didn't know if resistance was op without a fault, but I'll remove that. What do you think of strength instead and keep it with a wood sword? It's not meant for pvp, and teams have to target it to remove the other team's buff.[/quote]
The previous incarnation of Bannerman gave strength 1 and resistance 1 and had a wooden sword. It was fairly balanced in the imbuing of buffs and no one complained about it. It did receive a speed boost in order to flee combat or relocate the banner with added haste which in my humble opinion is a crucial quality it had.

The previous incarnation of Bannerman gave strength 1 and resistance 1 and had a wooden sword. It was fairly balanced in the imbuing of buffs and no one complained about it. It did receive a speed boost in order to flee combat or relocate the banner with added haste which in my humble opinion is a crucial quality it had.

I'm going to edit to this. If it's too op then it can be nerfed.

I like the idea, but I disagree with the ability to restock from cauldrons. In my opinion, cauldrons are too common for this, and it should only be restockable from chests.

I like the idea, but I disagree with the ability to restock from cauldrons. In my opinion, cauldrons are too common for this, and it should only be restockable from chests.
That sounds agreeable. The banner man can right click his own banner to place it back in his inventory and if it is destroyed by the enemy team then he must seek a different source.

Strength 1 is quite... OP. Keep in mind that this buff is the damage difference of a soldier and a berserker, so imagine berserker with strength 2 or soldier with strength 1. Resistance 1 seems good though.

Strength 1 is quite... OP. Keep in mind that this buff is the damage difference of a soldier and a berserker, so imagine berserker with strength 2 or soldier with strength 1. Resistance 1 seems good though.
We can replace strength with speed 1 if that would be preferable

The problem with this class is that it's better for the defender team and it's quite weak as an attacker.
As a defender you simply spawn 10 blocks away from the spot that you will place the flag and your low armor will not be a problem if you will hide behind gates, walls or the spawn.
As an attacker this class is just bad, you need to charge and pass all the defence lines of the other team (with weak armor) and only then you will be able to use their special flag, and then they will die quickly coz archers can almost one shot them and then the defenders only need to one hit the banner and boom, the banner man just spent his life and lowered his kdr.

Not necessarily. A bannerman could actually lead to the final push needed for attackers to pass. Mind you, it's a support class, it requires others to make it work.

[quote user_id="7040062" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Rikumaru/74.png" name="Rikumaru"]-snip-[/quote]
Changed strength to speed.

[quote user_id="12519458" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Szucsclan/74.png" name="Szucsclan"]-snip-[/quote]

Changed, though I feel restock chests are too few since they have only one banner.

[quote user_id="12519458" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Szucsclan/74.png" name="Szucsclan"]-snip-

Changed, though I feel restock chests are too few since they have only one banner.[/quote]
Often, one banner could be enough to change the course of a fight.

[quote name="arakrsptec "]
Not necessarily. A bannerman could actually lead to the final push needed for attackers to pass. Mind you, it's a support class, it requires others to make it work.

Changed strength to speed.

Changed, though I feel restock chests are too few since they have only one banner.[/quote]
Have you played on the attacker team lately?
Plus he is the perfect target, low armor, low damage, "important" target. Easy to rise your kdr

Speed is perfect, I don´t think resistance is as strong as strenght. We should probably keep in mind how this class could be used/abused by both attackers and defenders, so it doesnt get too OP for the defenders whose goal is to defend a certain location. The gates in Tirith are good examples where only a NazGhul would be able to destroy it without fighting it´s way trough Gondor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back