• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Classes and stuff for the teamwork update

Olex

Stonefoot
Staff member
V2 Hero
Tim has mentioned that the next update will be based around gates and teamwork. General objective play so to speak. I think this is a great oppertunity to add more support classes!

Ladderer
Right now we are playing Helms deep and the uruks are struggling to get up the wall. Ladderer was a cheap point class, the attackers constructor. I would like to see ladderers added for multiple reasons, it is a class that is not very hard to obtain, it allows constructor players to make a difference on the attacking team. For you new people who never played with Ladderers, they were an upgrade to the constructor which got a large portion of ladders which they would place on the empty siege ladders.
On some maps where larger siege ladders are at play i still think Zooms ladder suggestion from last year would work. Instead of the siege ladders already standing there at the start of the game, there would be chests on the ground below the walls that ladderers would have to fill with materials. It would be like repairing gates, but cheaper. When the chest is full the ladder spawns with all the MC ladders already placed. Attackers could have a supply cart at their spawn where the ladderers can restock.

Supply-guy-whatever
Most maps have plenty of restock chests and arrow cauldrons but if there is an exception or the amount gets decreased i think it would be nice with a class that can restock arrows, food and other things that aren´t too OP. This class would be usefull especially for attackers who usually don´t have their own restock chests outside of the walls. Too not make it too OP you could make it so they themselves would have to restock their equipment they are handing out sometimes. Give them 2-3 sets of food and arrows that eventually would run out. I used the play a mobile game called "Army of darkness" where there was a unit called "Torch boy" which would light the archers arrows on fire, maybe that´s a nice mechanic for this class or another one?

The reason i think a cheap point class is so important is because when you reach your goal and purchase a class, it feels very refreshing. If it takes too long to earn points for even the cheapest class, people will get bored.

The reason i think a cheap point class is so important is because when you reach your goal and purchase a class, it feels very refreshing. If it takes too long to earn points for even the cheapest class, people will get bored.

don't double post
also buff ladderer - right now it is hard for it to stand its ground in a 1v1 vs soldier and spearman. idk give it iron sword, something? resistance?

supply boy gets spedbost 3 and jump 3 pls

[quote user_id="11532960" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Dr_olex/74.png" name="Dr_olex"]The reason i think a cheap point class is so important is because when you reach your goal and purchase a class, it feels very refreshing. If it takes too long to earn points for even the cheapest class, people will get bored.

don't double post
also buff ladderer - right now it is hard for it to stand its ground in a 1v1 vs soldier and spearman. idk give it iron sword, something? resistance?

supply boy gets spedbost 3 and jump 3 pls[/quote]
He was kind-of forced since editing the thread makes the votes restart.

[quote user_id="11532960" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Dr_olex/74.png" name="Dr_olex"]The reason i think a cheap point class is so important is because when you reach your goal and purchase a class, it feels very refreshing. If it takes too long to earn points for even the cheapest class, people will get bored.

don't double post

supply boy gets spedbost 3 and jump 3 pls[/quote]
Ladderer isn't meant for combat, it has a similar role to contructor.
Supply boy would be suprisingly mobile for carrying so much stuff, i suggest speed 2 and that's it.

Although I like the idea of the supply guy, I fear it wouldn't be used enough, so it might be better to leave that one out.

I do think the siege ladders are a good idea. We're currently testing with a large new siege ladder at Helm's Deep that appears automatically after 15 minutes have passed. This could later be changed to one built by constructors, or added to other maps this way.

We're currently testing with a large new siege ladder at Helm's Deep that appears automatically after 15 minutes have passed.
Maybe make it 10 minutes or something, the last 3 games I played on helms didn't last 15 minutes.

Maybe make it 10 minutes or something, the last 3 games I played on helms didn't last 15 minutes.

Then the ladder isn't needed. The ladder is there for when Rohan holds out too well and the Uruk-hai need help.

Back