• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Constructor's blocks are unfun to play against.

redbommer

Staff member
V2 Sage
I think people are playing the class optimally, by blocking off chokepoints and forcing stalls, but it isn't fun to fight against as attacker, it makes me want to leave the game and not engage, or play constructor myself to remove those blocks.

I think it would balance out the kit a bit more, because its just obnoxious at times to get through games with constructor in them. I find it feels more fair and fun when it isnt in game. A compromise I'm suggesting is having the blocks disappear after a set amount of time (if not already broken) as that still lets the block be placed rather and have effectiveness, but it slowly is pushed back.

Other idea is that people dont really use the pre-built structures often, as the constructor blocks are more versatile. so having it alternate to more that degree could work as well.

I'm not a fan of the idea of having the blocks disappear... What I would be more in favour of is significantly reducing constructor wood amount and potentially adding areas where you can't place objects

The problem here is that you can craft logs you pickup into planks. One option is to remove this ability and increase the amount you get from restocking (as there is basically a hard cooldown on planks then). However, I do like the ability to choose whether you can use the logs yourself or add it to the team balance. Perhaps just nerfing the amount you get from crafting so that it is better to add to team balance is better - 2 planks instead of 4?

Back