• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Donor class limits while keeping donations worth it

Drunk_Irishman

V2 Lord
Today in Tirith we had half the enemy team as mages. Not fun, but hey! Simply limiting donor class amounts would be a bad strategy, because who wants to donate and not be able to play their class? So i propose that, if a donor tries to get into his class and it is full, he gets a chance to play that time as another donor class, even if he did not pay for it. The system can be tweaked to allow everyone to be happy, while keeping team ditributions reasonable.

No, if you have paid for something you should always be able to use it.

I agree with this. I'm not a fan of limiting any class, no matter how strong.
(Trolls and NazGûl being an obvious exception.)

In my opinion, if the class is so strong that it becomes a nuisance when many use it, it needs to be altered, not limited. However, with Mage, I don't think that's needed. You were simply unlucky. If you were fighting against 5 Crossbowmen, or 5 Uruk-Hai Reavers, you would also have a problem.

[quote user_id="17911961" avatar="https://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/17911961/avatar/medium.1486905083.jpeg" name="Rob"]No, if you have paid for something you should always be able to use it.

I agree with this. I'm not a fan of limiting any class, no matter how strong.
(Trolls and NazGûl being an obvious exception.)

In my opinion, if the class is so strong that it becomes a nuisance when many use it, it needs to be altered, not limited. However, with Mage, I don't think that's needed. You were simply unlucky. If you were fighting against 5 Crossbowmen, or 5 Uruk-Hai Reavers, you would also have a problem.[/quote]
even though i complettly agree with that (after all we live in capitalist world) but i do think that there should be a way to limit the number of players that play a certain class (not only donor classes, but archers and spearman as well).
i suggested an ingame point system that you will have to earn before you can play any other class beside certain classes for each team in each map (berserker will be free for the attackers in helms deep till they blow up the wall).
this could simply prevent teams from swarming the game with mages, spearmen, rangers, archers or trolls yet allow each player (based on his skill level and small grind factor) to play classes which fit his level of skills.
(no more troll noobs who wont let others play the class, hammerer/merc swarm, entire team made of crossbow and archers or any sort of class abusing by simply taking advantage of the number of players)
this will also solve the probelm with noobs that takes a limited class such as troll and simply be bad at it yet not letting others play troll. (also allow more players to play troll beside the usual 2 players that stay as troll till the end of the game).

Meh if you just think about battle of hornburg (for example) there was like 8/10 of the army who were simply swordsmen or whatever the melee weapon of uruk hai is called. So i agree with robz and tim

If you do this, nobody will donate because they will pretty much have access to every class...

If you do this, nobody will donate because they will pretty much have access to every class...
No no no you are getting me wrong. The classes will stay as they are (donor, point, free) but you will have to use in game points for each time you play it.

The classes will stay as they are (donor, point, free) but you will have to use in game points for each time you play it.

I wouldn't have donated if points were required to play berserker ... whenever somebody asks to limit donator classes it feels very wrong.

[quote user_id="14628767" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/assassiniv/74.png" name="assassiniv"]The classes will stay as they are (donor, point, free) but you will have to use in game points for each time you play it.

I wouldn't have donated if points were required to play berserker ... whenever somebody asks to limit donator classes it feels very wrong.[/quote]
you say it simply since you always play berserker and wont be able to play it that oftenly if it will require skills to start playing as berserker, a thing you cant afford.

Yet, it benefits the player with more power even if the player only has a low skill level. Allowing noobs to go berserker and deal a huge amount of damage to everyone without requiring anything beside their mom's credit card

and resistance
*Off-topic*

[quote user_id="14628767" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/assassiniv/74.png" name="assassiniv"]Yet, it benefits the player with more power

And also 'benefits' the player with no armour...[/quote]
and resistance, and speed and the highest damaging melee weapon that can 2 shot archer and almost 2 shot cons, regen when they are out of combat and they do get armour (crowns). After looking at it, the class benefits the player with more advantages than disadvantages in a better ratio than all of the other non donor class (maybe beside crossbow) which means it require a low skill level compared to the great power it provides the player.

Maybe try educating yourself on the class before arguing against it.

1) Berserker does not have resistance.
2) Berserkers have iron swords.
3) Firstly, only veterans+ get crowns. Secondly, crowns are purely cosmetic.

i might got the facts wrong but my point is still right.
Maybe try educating yourself on the class before arguing against it.

1) yet it takes 3-4 hits from soldier to kill a berserker (4-5 with stone sword and idk about wood sword) which is the number of hits u need to kill an archer (maybe 1 hit more) which is kinda proving my point that berserker can still take damage and not get rekt in actual combat.
2) yet with his str it is as strong as diamond sword (im not sure how str works on the new version so correct me if im wrong here).
3) you are completly right and there is no chance that this crown gives u protection and the coder made a coding mistake.
lets add to this 0.5 heart per 2.5 second extra regen which allows u nibba regen in midfight without even the need to eat (and heal u in crazy rate ifyou also eat).

i might got the facts wrong but my point is still right.
[quote user_id="17911961" avatar="https://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/17911961/avatar/medium.1486905083.jpeg" name="Rob"]Maybe try educating yourself on the class before arguing against it.

1) yet it takes 3-4 hits from soldier to kill a berserker (4-5 with stone sword and idk about wood sword) which is the number of hits u need to kill an archer (maybe 1 hit more) which is kinda proving my point that berserker can still take damage and not get rekt in actual combat.
2) yet with his str it is as strong as diamond sword (im not sure how str works on the new version so correct me if im wrong here).
3) you are completly right and there is no chance that this crown gives u protection and the coder made a coding mistake.
lets add to this 0.5 heart per 2.5 second extra regen which allows u nibba regen in midfight without even the need to eat (and heal u in crazy rate ifyou also eat).[/quote]

Diamond sword with vote on siege current gives 8 dmg melee. Berserker with vote currently has a 10 dmg melee. For a comparison that's the difference between a wooden and iron sword.
(iron sword with vote = 7 dmg, strength 1 = 3 dmg)

Back