• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Dungeons & Dragons

Weebophobia

For those of you who are not familiar with D&D it's basically a tabletop game where you and your friends each control one character each. These characters then go on adventures in a world written by the director of the game, or "Dungeon Master" as it's called. You fight monsters and complete tasks in a system that solely uses dice and using the correct spells/weapons for the right situations as well as good positioning.This makes the combat very intense as you need to focus on the right skills to use as higher skill levels add bonuses to your roll. You also need a creative mind as pretty much anything you can think of can be done. You could hire and army of mercenaries and conquer the world but all that could come crumbling down at the roll of a dice. The game has existed for about 40 years but the most recent version (edition) came out 2014 and is the 5th edition of the game released so far so your folks might've played it back in the day.

I have been playing it with 4 others for about a month now but we're only about 3/4th way through our campaign which sort of gives you an idea of how long it takes, but don't let that fool you since the world is full of twists and quirks which can leave you shocked. (The bartender at our inn hung himself because he wasn't getting enough guests)

Now I'm just wondering if anyone else plays this and has any ideas on how to improve the game-play or if anyone wants to know more about it.

PS: Before you call me a nerd you play a block game hypocrite.

1. Come on... D&D is nerdier than MC...

2. We actually had a type of D&D/RP on the forums a few years ago led by one of the mods at the time. A LOTR forum RP.

Very much depends on how you play it. If you're with 4 men in their thirties in a basement dressed in costumes and speaking with cringy accents I can see your point. But 5 friends hanging out eating pizza together, talking shit, playing video games (and tabletop games) it doesn't really make sense calling it nerdy.

Very much depends on how you play it. If you're with 4 men in their thirties in a basement dressed in costumes and speaking with cringy accents I can see your point. But 5 friends hanging out eating pizza together, talking shit, playing video games (and tabletop games) it doesn't really make sense calling it nerdy.
People can't be nerdy if they hang out and talk shit? Or is it the pizza?

no haha, my point is it doesn't make it nerdier than a lord of the rings minecraft server, and it's also more like a casual hangout than what you might think.

2. We actually had a type of D&D/RP on the forums a few years ago led by one of the mods at the time. A LOTR forum RP.
I remember that, when we asked to be made more relevant than forum games tim managed to fuck us up by putting us in a sub folder in forum games.

[quote user_id="11532960" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Dr_olex/74.png" name="Dr_olex"]1. Come on... D&D is nerdier than MC...

I remember that, when we asked to be made more relevant than forum games tim managed to fuck us up by putting us in a sub folder in forum games.[/quote]
Then Ragnarök was created :D

[quote user_id="12700073" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/UnusualBrit/74.png" name="UnusualBrit"]

I remember that, when we asked to be made more relevant than forum games tim managed to fuck us up by putting us in a sub folder in forum games.
Then Ragnarök was created :D[/quote]
Ragnarok was before :I

Back