• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Spy class idea

LimeeFox

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Builder
V2 Legend
Hey once again.

Today I'm sharing my pretty old idea. Having a spy class. Spies would be able to see enemy team chat which would be highlighted for them (either a special color or a DING sound).
I'm not very strong in inventing a loadout, so fix something sounds weird.
It would be a point class ting probs 2000-2500 points.

They're primary weapon would be a stone sword.
Food as usual
Armour: leather chestplate, leather leggins and iron boots.

Maybe would be as much used as medic or halb, but yeah...

Possibly its pvp stuff should be different from what I said there ^^ my main idea was just enemy chat :P

I suggested a spy class but [user avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Dr_olex/74.png" name="Dr_olex"]11532960[/user] said it would confuse new players.

well u see, new players are getting confused and most of them wont interact with the rest of the players (most of them will not use the chat) and since u cant put this in the tutorial it will kinda confuse them and maybe prevent them from playing because they dont understand

Like assassin said, we can't rely on people getting information from others, the server has to be pretty basic to understand on your own. The idea is nice but it definetly needs more to it. I don't know if the team play and communication is enough on the server right now for this mechanic to be very viable, If you can think of any more mechanics, post them here.

Maybe there would be a way for the class to disable 1 or 2 restocks for a limited amount of time, to sabbotage for archers and other classes who rely on them. Maybe an ability that allows it to go invisible for a short amount of time. (Obviously on a long cooldown, and would reveal player if it attacked a enemy.) But maybe that would be too frustrating to fight.

Ive just got a very nice idea to try fix confusion for any class. Ill post a uggestion later.

Ive just got a very nice idea to try fix confusion for any class. Ill post a uggestion later.
The confusion we talked about was mainly based on assassins suggestion, which was very similar to Tf2 Spy (If i remember correctly)

sort of, he would spawn behind enemy lines, have blue name but will be in a diffrent team in TAB.

I got an idea
the pink panther is pretty spyish
so
spy should have full leathter armor, no name above his head, no sounds from eating in fact maybe implement auto regen like troll so he don't have to eat, etc.

I can offer make it spawn with the goblins but with no name tag above.

Back