• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Rejected Suggestion: Change how capture points are earned.

This suggestion has been rejected.

Maxa216

Please change how capture points are earned. Why? Because the current system is basically unfair and favors people in big groups while capturing flags.

Let me explain why:

How the current system works:
Alright so for every 10% increase or decrease while capping a flag you'l get 1 capture point. The more people there are at the flag the faster the % increases or decreases.

The problem with this system:
The problem with this is the rate at which the % changes. If you are capping with more people at a flag the amount of % change increases faster then when you are alone.
What this means is that your contributions to your team are not rewarded equally.
So if you were to "Sneak cap" a flag for example you get fewer capture points than when you are with the big group because the amount of % change is slower.

A possible solution:
Make capture points gained based on how long you spend time at a flag. if you were to do this this would mean that while capping everyone is rewarded the same. As this is based on time instead of % change.

If you have any questions let me know.

Heavily disagree with this one. The whole point of the system is that it's better to capture with more people and work together, big groups capturing together should be encouraged. You can of course still capture a flag on your own, and you will earn the exact same amount of capture point if you do so, it will just take a bit longer. If you capture a flag from 0 to 100% you still get 10 capture points regardless of if you're doing it alone or not.

I think this can be rejected. I do believe that the system still works well for solo players - even if you are killed, if you go back and kill the enemy, and start capturing again, if you started capturing at 0 and get it to 100 you will get the extra 3 points still even if interrupted. Indeed, this can be abused in some form, however only if you are working with teammates, in which case you are still contributing by protecting your team from the enemies.

I will however work on fixing the problem where you don't earn capture points for decapping a flag that you own.

Back