• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Troll Players Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

V2 Legend
Troll is a cool class - it provides non-p2w class variety for players, and is accessible to all through either voting or earning points by just playing the game.

It can also be used to help balance certain maps and flags, alongside team ratios.

However, there is a fine line between an aid to balance and a kd farm which can make some maps unplayable.

The issue is that in maps where less players are online, there are less instances where the troll is actually needed for balance and also where there are enough players to counter it.

Therefore I suggest that players should not be able to use troll in games of under 8 players (actually playing - those in the lobby shouldn't be counted)

[quote user_id="1458143" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/thebeserker/74.png" name="thebeserker"]no
Once again, bes is making valid and good points to debunk the suggestion[/quote]
hmmm
[quote user_id="17911961" avatar="https://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/17911961/avatar/medium.1486905083.jpeg" name="Rob"][quote user_id="1458143" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/thebeserker/74.png" name="thebeserker"]no[/quote]

Why?[/quote]
Well, its simple, removing troll makes it even less balanced in lower player counts.

Well, its simple, removing troll makes it even less balanced in lower player counts.

Here's an example to counter that:

Say we have a ratio of 2:3 on a map.
In one situation there are 5 players online, so you have a 2v3 game going on.
In another situation there are triple that, 15 players online, so you have a 6v9 game going on.

Say the attackers (as trolls are usually on the attacking side) have one troll on their team.

Which game would be more unfair? A 2v (2+troll) or a 6v (8+troll)?
(In case there is any confusion, of course the 2v3 would be more unfair...)

[quote user_id="1458143" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/thebeserker/74.png" name="thebeserker"]Well, its simple, removing troll makes it even less balanced in lower player counts.

Here's an example to counter that:

Say we have a ratio of 2:3 on a map.
In one situation there are 5 players online, so you have a 2v3 game going on.
In another situation there are triple that, 15 players online, so you have a 6v9 game going on.

Say the attackers (as trolls are usually on the attacking side) have one troll on their team.

Which game would be more unfair? A 2v (2+troll) or a 6v (8+troll)?
(In case there is any confusion, of course the 2v3 would be more unfair...)[/quote]
Ok, factor out the troll. Then you have a 2v3 where the good team has every advantage barring numbers, so with troll it balances, without it doesn't.

Yes, but as I said there is a fine line between the troll that balances a map and the troll that completely ruins pvp for the opposing team.

I (and many other players) have been in the situation countless times where I'm having a balanced game, perhaps a 2v2, 2v3, etc. and then somebody decides to go troll, completely ruining the balance and making the game incredibly one-sided. This results in ragequits, which after 5-10 minutes leads from a server of 4 players to a server of none.

Of course if the server had more players online this would be less of an issue, but since at least 50% of the time there are <8 players online the server must adapt to solve this problem

Yes, but as I said there is a fine line between the troll that balances a map and the troll that completely ruins pvp for the opposing team.

I (and many other players) have been in the situation countless times where I'm having a balanced game, perhaps a 2v2, 2v3, etc. and then somebody decides to go troll, completely ruining the balance and making the game incredibly one-sided. This results in ragequits, which after 5-10 minutes leads from a server of 4 players to a server of none.

Of course if the server had more players online this would be less of an issue, but since at least 50% of the time there are <8 players online the server must adapt to solve this problem
So personal experience>balance, to the point of making matches impossible to win?

I agree with RobRem on this one, athough I think <8 is a bit much.
For the upcoming update, I've implemented this so you can no longer be troll when there are fewer than 7 people online.

*Locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back