• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

3D Weapons Texture Pack

GiacamoS

V2 King
I would like to hear player input on whether I should make a public pack that adds 3d weapon models over the regular EW ones (as of 1.12 the server pack would need to be disabled). So should I make a lot of 3d weapon models to enhance immersion for people who can handle the graphics? The reason I am only making this separately is because sjoerdtim would prefer for majority of EW base server texture pack to only use 2d items for weapons; I see his point but want players to also be able to use extra nice textures if their computers can handle it. But I am busy with life & so I want to make sure there is sufficient interest before I spend hours of my time making this. So what is your opinion, please answer in the poll below. The poll will close on February 5th.

So I know it might seem like a long time since this thread was started, and it has been. But I am finally going to release an advance copy of the pack with just 1 or 2 textures. One will be a dagger that replaces the gold sword. Another possible entry that may be added is a 3d bandage texture (commissioned by Gooala, because, who else would want it).

But anyways, I think that the pack should be released by Sunday, unless I'm lazy.

Planned features for future are going to be diamond sword, maybe troll hammer, definitely the mace for Longbeard, and maybe mage staff that was buried somewhere in my archives...

As promised, although a little later in the day than I would have preferred, I have released a test copy of my extra 3D weapons pack. The Textures that are added are a bandage texture (Originally made for Gooala), and a Dagger Texture to replace the golden sword. Please note that this resource pack is still in production and will probably be changed before the 1.0 release

Working on a Diamond Sword texture, may take while though, I am not very satisfied with how it is coming... Also, with the update that has the diamond sword, there should also be dwarven mace model.

Due to unfortunate events regarding a family friend's death I will not be active & working on pack for a while... I may play on EW some but probably not as much.

Back