• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

An idea on how to fix Troll opness

LimeeFox

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Builder
V2 Legend
Hey. I find there no need to nerf troll. It will be going ok only when there are many players on, so what I suggest is make it available only when a certain amount of players are playing in teams.

I do think a lower limit might be wise - i.e: If less than 7 people on then no Troll

Heres the thing which annoys me. Other classes such as spearman, archer and ranger all have been nerfed due to high skill players doing slightly better with these classes than other ones. Meanwhile troll is a class which any skill player (low or high) can perform way better with it than on other classes and yet doesn't get nerfed. Spearman, archer and ranger all got nerfs during the food nerf patch, but yet troll escaped this.

What should happen is troll should have it's arrow resistance removed so archers can kill it with enough shots like in empirewar v1.0 (along with hitbox bug fixed). It's not like archers would insta kill trolls, they still have decent armor and 60% dmg reduction from resistance 3. It would still take like 6-8 arrows to kill one from decent range away assuming you hit each one. Due to trolls 75% chance of not getting knocked back (dunno if changed to lower, assuming not) trolls have plenty of time to react to these arrows and get to safety if they think they are in danger of being killed. Also this gives a melee class (spearman) a chance to even fight trolls. Spears would finally affect trolls and trolls can't just mindlessly charge spearman out in the open like they do currently.

Tl;dr: Remove arrow resistance (30%) and fix hitbox bug.

[quote name="LimeeFox"]Hey. I find there no need to nerf troll. It will be going ok only when there are many players on, so what I suggest is make it available only when a certain amount of players are playing in teams.

did you read my suggestion?[/quote]
He probably did but it's a bad one

I do think a lower limit might be wise - i.e: If less than 7 people on then no Troll

so penalize people who bought it for the enemy team's incapability to kill it

[quote user_id="7040062" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Rikumaru/74.png" name="Rikumaru"]Heres the thing which annoys me. Other classes such as spearman, archer and ranger all have been nerfed due to high skill players doing slightly better with these classes than other ones. Meanwhile troll is a class which any skill player (low or high) can perform way better with it than on other classes and yet doesn't get nerfed. Spearman, archer and ranger all got nerfs during the food nerf patch, but yet troll escaped this.

What should happen is troll should have it's arrow resistance removed so archers can kill it with enough shots like in empirewar v1.0 (along with hitbox bug fixed). It's not like archers would insta kill trolls, they still have decent armor and 60% dmg reduction from resistance 3. It would still take like 6-8 arrows to kill one from decent range away assuming you hit each one. Due to trolls 75% chance of not getting knocked back (dunno if changed to lower, assuming not) trolls have plenty of time to react to these arrows and get to safety if they think they are in danger of being killed. Also this gives a melee class (spearman) a chance to even fight trolls. Spears would finally affect trolls and trolls can't just mindlessly charge spearman out in the open like they do currently.

Tl;dr: Remove arrow resistance (30%) and fix hitbox bug.[/quote]

no no no its a giant walking hitbox. 6 to 8 arrows that's not even 10 full seconds that the troll has to live if there is 1 archer. troll is slow and troll is big hitbox. you just want a way to kill it without getting your hands messy. it does not need any sort of projectile nerf. if there are 2 archers which there often are, then gg. troll is useless. try pushing with that. mordor loses its tank, and defense wins every time. as it is troll is not strong enough to swing moria in favor of goblins enough to take the full map, and tirith has other problems like haradrim. you want to take something that's already very killable and add a way to kill it from across a map? xbow would kill it so fast, regular archer as well. spearman would go back to being the most op, and iron soldier would be a better tank since it has a normal hitbox.

and where is the safety in areas such as tirith tree, or third level, or fourth or fifth or any place when archer has high ground? it alaeady takes enough kb to be knocked off on the stairs, now it loses at the bridge and the tomb and the halls, basically rendering troll useless 100%.

I am not against nerfing troll, its just any nerf that has been proposed completely kills the point of having a troll. another idea would be to just buff hammerer, which I would support. add a new counter troll class, that doesn't handle other means of combat well. good idea. but nerf troll in its current form and game over that class goes down the drain.

edit: beserker this counts as 2 paragraphs.

Maybe buff halb as well to counter troll...
I do believe that halb deserve a buff but this is not a good reason.
Currently troll is one of the few classes that can counter p2w classes giving non donors a chance to stand against teams that have more donors in them.
Buffing the donor kits to allow them "counter" (beat the shit out of) basically make it to an actual p2w class due to the fact that it "counter" trolls even though it is a strong class by itself.

Back