• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Planned Balance between teams

This suggestion has been accepted for implementation and will be added in a future update.

Napkien

V2 Legend
As briefly discussed on discord, to combat the issue of dwindling player counts due to one team outnumbering the other and absolutely steamrolling, an idea for a balance correction and encouraging players, especially the most impactful players on a given team to switch and turn the tide:

I would propose to give say the top 3 players with the highest kd in a given team with more players the option to switch to the other with a command in chat, keeping their killstreak and MVP score for that game, and giving for example 10 points.

Forum moment - as lord lee_yam11 correctly states - bing bong 🦵🦶

Attachments

• fffff.png
    fffff.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 4
Would this be like a broadcast that would appear exclusively to the top players with an offer to switch? or do you mean more like a permanent option where you have an entire command for that? Because I feel like the first option I mentioned would be quite hard to figure out, as there is no direct way to tell if a game is balanced or not. Team ratios doesn't show it very well because sometimes despite difference in ratio, the game Is balanced (ex: Tirith. I remember a 3 defenders vs 6 attackers and the attackers lost).

I don't know if it would be a good idea in practise, but maybe we can add a 'required players playing' wall to certain classes. Some of the donor/point/vote classes are a bit stronger than the free classes. With low numbers it can ruin balance if one team is full of strong commander and troll classes while the other team only has people playing soldier. Think of it as the v2 troll class, which required 6 or more people to be online in order to be playable.

As for Lapkins suggestion, I think it's good in theory but it would require some heavy thinking on the how's and what's. I feel like it could turn quickly into something people can use to farm silver with.

Back