• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Buff Skirmisher Kit

The_Witch_Pikmin

V2 Veteran
V1 Veteran
The Skirmisher class is extremely weak. I'm sure most of you have noticed this by now. The only advantage to using the class is the speed 1. Everything else is rubbish about it. It has a stone sword that does 6 damage with sharpness vote compared to 7 with the generic sword class with sharpness vote. It's armour is below average, being very similar to the archer's. To sum it up, It is a debuffed version of the generic sword class with a single speed boost and is only useful against laggy opponents or rubbish archers (like me).

Ways we could improve it is: Increase sword damage, give it more armour or even give it a unique ability other than speed boost (such as a torch like the black uruk, or a standard bow with no powerbuff).

Ways we could improve it is: Increase sword damage, give it more armour or even give it a unique ability other than speed boost (such as a torch like the black uruk, or a standard bow with no powerbuff).

An iron chestplate + a bow with 8 arrows would balance the class enough.

How about giving this class projectile protection and make it into an anti archers parkour hyper class?

I think it should get 1 level of Jump Boost.
My problem with giving it more armor or sharpness is that it would lose it's niche, and become just a slightly altered swordsman. Instead, the aspect that makes the class unique should be buffed, which in this case is it's agility.

I disagree on the projectile protection too, since the anti-archer role should belong primarily to Shieldman.

I think it should get 1 level of Jump Boost.
My problem with giving it more armor or sharpness is that it would lose it's niche, and become just a slightly altered swordsman. Instead, the aspect that makes the class unique should be buffed, which in this case is it's agility.

I disagree on the projectile protection too, since the anti-archer role should belong primarily to Shieldman.
Hahahahahahahaha
Shield man is not an anti archer class it's human shield-flag capturing class.
Sorry to tell ya but shield man can't beat archer because of the fact that archer can shot while moving backwards while shield man can't move while he hold his shield.
So ya we need  a real anti archer class, one class that can kill the archer and not just get stuck until a melee class will arrive to finish him off.

Skirmsher is being replaced by unique classes on most maps, when it remains on only 1 or 2 we may look into it.

When are the classes going to be added though? And just because the new classes are going to be added, it doesn't make the immediate problem of an almost useless kit go away.

Back