• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Defender bonus capture

LimeeFox

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Builder
V2 Legend
It is quite known that ultimately, attackers will always have a significantly greater game score than defenders for the sole reason of capturing flags. Defenders can't obtain nearly as many captures as attackers can, this is why I offer a new solution:

every two minutes or so, all defenders get +3 capture points or something, for successfully holding a flag. not sure yet how exactly it will work especially if the map has Multiple flags

I think this is a great idea, Defenders often get less of a reward for holding an objective than attackers. I would say give it to all defenders within the whole area surrounding the flag so they dont have to be directly ontop of it and can hold more defensive angles. maybe a tier system (ie, +3 pts if on flag, +1 if in general flag region)

I think this is a great idea, Defenders often get less of a reward for holding an objective than attackers. I would say give it to all defenders within the whole area surrounding the flag so they dont have to be directly ontop of it and can hold more defensive angles. maybe a tier system (ie, +3 pts if on flag, +1 if in general flag region)

I think this is an effective solution for attack/defence maps.

Thats probably a good idea. But, as a counter argument, it will no longer be possible to score high and compete for mvp on any map without focusing on capping flags, which seems really odd to me.

Back