• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

dwarven xbow

Status
Not open for further replies.

FN-2187

I don't know how to fix it, I bought it when it was good and now fully regret my decision because it does so little damage.
theres only one person who knows how to properly balance it
*shouts*
RIKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Look, this is an issue that I (outside of the staff team) feel pretty strongly about. Effectively what happened is Steal/Ant/Olex had their idea of what it should be, and Tim had another. The result is a bad mixture between the two.

The first idea was to have a low melee damage, high damage long range class for backlining. The sword would be for finishing, or a last-ditch defence - as it is on archer.

Tim's idea is for a close range, spearman-like class, with higher damage at close range. It'd run in, shoot someone in the face, stab them a bit, then run away again.

Personally, I think both ideas are good. In my view, the first one was basically implemented perfectly for what it hoped to achieve, with the one issue being that it one-shot people at *very* long range.

Now we just have a mediocre half-way house, which I will try my best to fix.

Look, this is an issue that I (outside of the staff team) feel pretty strongly about. Effectively what happened is Steal/Ant/Olex had their idea of what it should be, and Tim had another. The result is a bad mixture between the two.

The first idea was to have a low melee damage, high damage long range class for backlining. The sword would be for finishing, or a last-ditch defence - as it is on archer.

Tim's idea is for a close range, spearman-like class, with higher damage at close range. It'd run in, shoot someone in the face, stab them a bit, then run away again.

Personally, I think both ideas are good. In my view, the first one was basically implemented perfectly for what it hoped to achieve, with the one issue being that it one-shot people at *very* long range.

Now we just have a mediocre half-way house, which I will try my best to fix.
Just revert it to what it was, Tim is stupid if he thinks a crossbow is close range.

Right, crossbow on paper SOUNDS fine. The reason it completely sucks atm is due to the fact the class revolves completely around poke. It hasn't got any burst potential outside of a single shot per 4s(?). Poke on EW 2.0 is pretty much useless due to the food regening an insane amount of hp. If the current food was replaced with baked potatoes, the regen you get from food would be halved, making poke actually useful. This would buff crossbow up, and also playstyles which are more poke reliant and actually makes players think about their actions before they enter battle as currently they can just eat food after almost dying in a fight and instantly enter another one which is stupid. This imo would be the best fix rather than directly buffing the class up.

TL:DR: Nerf the insane food regen by turning current food into baked potatoes.

Right, crossbow on paper SOUNDS fine. The reason it completely sucks atm is due to the fact the class revolves completely around poke. It hasn't got any burst potential outside of a single shot per 4s(?). Poke on EW 2.0 is pretty much useless due to the food regening an insane amount of hp. If the current food was replaced with baked potatoes, the regen you get from food would be halved, making poke actually useful. This would buff crossbow up, and also playstyles which are more poke reliant and actually makes players think about their actions before they enter battle as currently they can just eat food after almost dying in a fight and instantly enter another one which is stupid. This imo would be the best fix rather than directly buffing the class up.

Yes, baked potatoes are on the list. Hopefully Tim will have time this weekend to do that, or maybe steal.
But you think that even after Tim's changes, xbow would be fine otherwise?

[quote user_id="7040062" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Rikumaru/74.png" name="Rikumaru"]Right, crossbow on paper SOUNDS fine. The reason it completely sucks atm is due to the fact the class revolves completely around poke. It hasn't got any burst potential outside of a single shot per 4s(?). Poke on EW 2.0 is pretty much useless due to the food regening an insane amount of hp. If the current food was replaced with baked potatoes, the regen you get from food would be halved, making poke actually useful. This would buff crossbow up, and also playstyles which are more poke reliant and actually makes players think about their actions before they enter battle as currently they can just eat food after almost dying in a fight and instantly enter another one which is stupid. This imo would be the best fix rather than directly buffing the class up.

Yes, baked potatoes are on the list. Hopefully Tim will have time this weekend to do that, or maybe steal.
But you think that even after Tim's changes, xbow would be fine otherwise?[/quote]

I'm not too sure how strong xbow will be after the changes since the food changes will change the game and other classes so much, but what I do know is poke dmg will be useful, and you won't want to facetank unnecessary damage. If it's too strong or weak it could get buffs/nerfs from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back