• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Edhellond Revamp & More

Tobberz

Network Owner
Staff member
Network Owner
HwIpoSd.png

Edhellond Revamp, Maps Re-Added, and More
So I haven't been doing updates old-style on the website - you'll find almost all the stuff I've done since the server came back up in Discord, on the #update-feed and #announcements channel. I'm just doing this update here to announce the recent changes we've made to Edhellond, as well as a brief summary of our progress.

Edhellond Revamp
The staff team, including the Builders, have re-worked Edhellond so that the attack is now from the harbour, rather than the North Gate.

• Includes new flags at Harbour, South Gate, and Merchant Square.
  • Final flags have been removed, so that the map now ends at the 4th Level Market.
  • Corsairs spawn on the boats in the Harbour, then attack from there.
RCcJs4Y.png
Staff Changes
Since we came back up, Grissum1 has been promoted to Pre-Moderator, and dog_lover11 and ElectricCharged have been promoted first to Pre-Moderator, and then to Moderator. You may also notice that I've taken on the rank of Owner due to my new role as... well, the owner!
Our old owner, sjoerdtim, is keeping his rank for now in recognition for the long years he worked on Empire War, as well as the fact he still plays a minor part behind the scenes.
You will also notice we have a strong Builder team now, made up of Antzorg, the_pharaohs_cat, and LimeeFox. They've already worked brilliantly to enhance and change our maps, and I'm sure they'll continue to do so into the future.
Class Balancing and General Updates
I honestly cannot summarise everything we've done over the past few months with regards to classes, so it's best to just check #update-feed if you haven't already. The server now goes down for 2 days mid-week both as a maintenance period, and to encourage play-time at the end of the week and during weekends.
Whilst we now have a #suggestions and #suggestions-discussion channel on the Discord, I still strongly encourage you to make suggestions on the forums if they are particularly major (map edits, new classes) - they're far more likely to be seriously considered by the staff team, and it's a better medium for that sort of thing anyway. Obviosuly, bug reports and player reports should happen on the forums as always.
Other Recent Updates

• The number of points you get while capturing a flag is now far more obvious.
  • Voting is now fixed, so you once again have to vote online rather than getting the perks automatically.
  • Lossarnach has been re-added into rotation.
  • Minas Tirith's gameplay has been tweaked around a bit, of note is that spawns are no longer moved forward when gates are broken.
  • Maps such as Helm's Deep, Moria Great Halls and Moria Gold have had aspects of them significantly edited to enhance gameplay.
  • Again, read #update-feed for more.
What about v3?
It's hard to say, and I'm not going to give you any firm deadlines because we don't have any.

• A lot of the base code is in place, it just needs drawing together.
  • The money from donations has been spent and is being spent and will be spent - you can be rest assured of that.
  • It is being spent on Developers, services, and simply paying for v2.
  • Since recent Donors have helped us out so much, I am considering further perks that you may receive on v3, as gratitude.
  • I'll be sure to tell you when we have something more concrete!
I told you a few months ago that I would only be maintaining v2, not developing it. That's not been the case, and I've spent a fair amount of time with the staff making major changes. Expect a mixture of the same to continue, for now, while we wait for v3.

Back