• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Elven Archer

lord ish

V2 Lord
Class Name: Elven Archer
Maps: helms and edoras, erebor and maybe laketown
Armor: light blue leather chest, gold boots
Weapons: Gold Sword, Bow (Enchanted for Aesthetic, damage the same as a ranger's bow at a range)
Abilities: Speed or night vision, 16 arrows, Arrows that hit enemy are instantly sent back to quiver to be shot again. also has ability where archer can shift click and draw more than one arrow at once. doing this acts like a regular draw, so you cant really move much as if you were drawing normally, also the draw speed is unaltered but instead of firing it is loaded and charged. upon firing it fires in quick succession with no more than half a second between each arrow. arrow cap at 4 arrow. arrows hit during ability do NOT return.
Cost: 5000 points

Edits: added night vision possibility, nerfed arrows, increased cost, removed arrow spread, nerfed armor (its less than archer now), nerfed ability, nerfed damage
How much damage should the ability arrows do?

This is quite interesting, But i do think it should be on fewer map or have a MUCH higher price.

Class Name: Elven Archer
Maps: Erebor, Dale, Helms Deep, Edoras, laketown
Armor: Blue dyed chest, gold leggings, gold boots
Weapons: Gold Sword, Bow (Enchanted for Aesthetic, around same power as regular archer maybe 5 to 10% less just a lovetouch less
Abilities: Speed, 16 arrows, Arrows that hit enemy are instantly sent back to quiver to be shot again. also has ability where archer can shift click and draw more than one arrow at once. doing this renders the archer immobile and it takes 2 sec per arrow to draw. upon firing it fires in quick succession with no more than half a second between each arrow. the more arrows drawn the more the arrows spread (less accurate they become). arrows hit during ability do NOT return.
Cost: 3500 points

the spread would allow it to put pressure on a choke. not quite volley level of spread as it is meant to be more of a barrage, but firing 2 or 3 would be relatively accurate whilst firing any more than 5 can spread more than 2 meters at a 20 meter range. I also thought of putting a cap on the number of arrows that can be charged but srsly its fine how it is - when drawing it is locked in place as mentioned above, and the spread is insane the more arrows u draw. also don't forget it has only 16 arrows to begin with, so it is not in the archer's best interest to fire all in a spread burst at once.

should ability arrows do less damage?

Base Stats:

Base stats of the class is just basically a better version of archer. Power 1 gives 25% dmg difference. This has 5-10% dmg less but with more armor (YES ARMOR, NOT ARMOUR) and speed 1 with returning arrows. I have no idea why anyone would use regular archer when you have this class.

A good fix for this would be to remove it's returning arrows and nerf the armor OR damage down to ranger bow damage. The class would most likely need 24 arrows if the damage was nerfed however.

Ability:

As for the ability, taking 2s to load each arrow in the barrage is pretty damn long considering a 100% draw arrow takes 1s to load normally and when you take into account that you can't even move during this and having less accuracy per arrow drawn makes this ability almost useless except for chokepoints where volley would be better anyways.

A fix for this would be to not make the arrows less accurate when more are drawn (maybe have a limit of 4 or something if max drawing is op) and have each arrow take 1s to draw to put it in line with normal drawing.

Yeah, what I'd do is if you press shift, it allows multiple arrow loading. While holding shift you draw 4 times to load 4 arrows, then as Riku said when you shoot those 4 arrows they are less accurate or weaker.

The problem with this is that the ability is very difficult to implement.
You can't slow down bow charging. It's very difficult to stop it as well.
Otherwise sounds fun.

hmm, maybe add it to helms tbh... maybe remove from dale, seeing as elves turned their backs on people... also maybe remove from laketown...

i took out the hobbit/5 armies maps. if its in just one then i think it belongs in all three like goblin mercenary. wait no not dale dale has mirk archer. but they were in laketown for a skirmish with bolg and i don't know if that's enough to justify adding them but erebor they were in it for sure.

Agreed, laketown, Helms, erebor. maybe edoras
Well I am not sure about Erebor because even though elves and dwarves fought on one side in many battles, the erebor dwarves still arent very friendly to elves. So like, they wont be happy to see them in their city and home especially last flag xD

I think there should be an Elf Archer voter class on Helm's Deep that is only available until the wall gets blown up (~blue leather armor, gold sword, 32 arrows, less bow dmg than reg archer, night vision)

Then, seperately, there should be Elven Longbowman point class on Dale and possibly Laketown.
(~gold armor, gold sword, 12 arrows, more bow dmg than reg archer, night vision)

Maybe give them speed, but not sure because ranger has speed and so many speedy archers could be unbalanced

I think there should be an Elf Archer voter class on Helm's Deep that is only available until the wall gets blown up (~blue leather armor, gold sword, 32 arrows, less bow dmg than reg archer, night vision)

Then, seperately, there should be Elven Longbowman point class on Dale and possibly Laketown.
(~gold armor, gold sword, 12 arrows, more bow dmg than reg archer, night vision)

Maybe give them speed, but not sure because ranger has speed and so many speedy archers could be unbalanced

How about the elves abandon helms deep when the sidekeep is taken? because orcs don't even need to capture a flag to blow up the wall.. and ill take some of that into consideration. 32 arrows is too op as I have been doing balance for awhile and I want this to be a viable class not broken op or unusable.

We had a discussion on dale and laketown and people don't really support it and dale already has an elven style archer and erebor eh idk I really don't know I mean I support it but it was mirkwood elves on erebor not Rivendell elves whilst in helms it was Rivendell elves..
Longbowman is a separate class and it sounds cool so you could propose it, maybe call it lothlorien elf?

Concerning speed - I don't think these guys having speed is too bad of an idea because ranger can be on every map and there are other speedy classes too and it isn't too unbalanced. Currently helms and edoras don't have any speedy classes (unless you count warg rider on orcs).

Elven archer would be on edoras because edoras is a hypothetical battle, and if it were at edoras and not helms the elves still would have shown up.

Back