• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Enjin Shutting Down

Tobberz

Network Owner
Staff member
Network Owner
For the past 11 years, Enjin has provided us a place which will always hold a special place in the hearts of our Community.
The Home of Empire War
Whilst our servers have evolved, and maps have been removed and added, this website has remained as the pillar upon which the people of Empire War have thrived. Dozens of staff members, thousands of members, and tens of thousands of players have come and gone - all the while, Enjin offered not just us a home, but a home for millions of other gamers and communities around the world.
Whilst many communities, including us, have moved to alternative platforms (be that other websites, or Discord), Enjin has remained a home for nostalgia and history. 11 Years is a long time for any community online, and it is here that our collective memories and experiences are kept. I don't mean to become over-dramatic, but I think many of you can relate to the pangs of emotion I get when I trawl through old wall and forum posts.
It reminds me of the number of lives Empire War has touched over the years, and the generations of players who have passed through. So whilst we now mainly operate on Discord, this Enjin site has forever remained the true Home of Empire War.
Before I get too deep (I'll save that for my final post here in a week's time), let me outline what has happened and our next course of action.

A Long Time Coming
Two years ago we were given the Ultimate plan for free, and have kept it since. At the time I, and others, assumed this was the initial death throes of Enjin - as soon as a business gives up making money off a product, the product clearly is not doing well. It is infuriating that it was not until about two weeks ago that the official announcement was made, and even more infuriating that guild owners and administrators were not notified of this.
I only found out about the situation through my friend notifications being full of people bidding farewell to Enjin. Overall, the Enjin dev team have behaved abominably, and are clearly more interested in making money off their crypto "EnjinCoin" racket. Ah well, I am getting distracted.
The Enjin Devs are not providing any formal way to extract and back-up our website data. Luckily, a tool has been published online which uses the Enjin API, that we can edit and use to save almost everything of worth. I will elaborate more on what exactly we can save soon.

The Plan of Action
On Friday 17th March we will put the website into a read-only mode, so you will no longer be able to use the forums, or comment on news posts. This will ensure that the website does not have any content added to it. We will then gobble all its data up and download it into a database. In the future, this database can be used to upload all the saved data to a new website. I will update you further on this soon.
We have until 30th April to sort this all out, before Enjin goes silent forever. Obviously, we intend to get everything fixed up beforehand. In the mean while, please enjoy this very special place as much as you can, and try not to cry too much.
Happy Forumming!

Back