• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Implemented Helm's Deep Deeping wall issue

This suggestion has been implemented.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rio155

Helm's Deep issue:

When playing Helm's Deep, it seems the Deeping wall almost always gets ignored because everyone goes directly to the gate, which gives better flag paths due to the fortress's layout. This makes the the Deeping Wall flag a very ignored flag and the Deeping Wall itself a underused part of the map.

In V2 there was a period where 2-3 minutes you couldn't spawn at the gate or bash it, which made the Wall flag necessary.
If reimplemented I believe this could have positive effects on gameplay.
- The whole map will get more variation in gameplay especially on the Deeping Wall
- More building off siege-equipment at the wall, this barely gets used nowadays which is a shame
- More movie accuracy (which isn't important but gives even more recognizability to the map)

If this was to be implemented I would make a 2 minute restriction at the gate attack and a 3 minute restriction on the wall explosion (which is 2 minutes atm).

This is my idea on the map. I'd love to hear more opinions on this!

Greetings Rio155

Last edited:
I agree. It would be indeed better to disable the Uruk Gate spawn until a certain moment, shifting the focus of the battle to the Deeping Wall, like in the movies. I will work on that ASAP if I can convince my colleagues that this is a good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back