• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

MC LOTR movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ok, we're gonna try to start filming. Or in a small while at least, there are some preparations left. Like getting a place to film it on.
I considered MCME, but I wasn't quite satisfied. I've spoken to Tim, he said he could set up a small server for us. What we need now is builders, to build this:

[youtube]meK0G3o9mPw[/youtube]

Frodo reading
Large oak trees, a thin roof of leaves above, grass on the ground, glade and bushes in the background.

Gandalf on wagon #1
Grassy road with some bare dirt as tracks (permadirt). Thick treeline surrounding.
Then curved, with a small cobblestone wallpiece just around the corner. Some bushes.

Frodo running
Small hill with trees

Frodo and Gandalf meeting
We'll probably make it so that it's just after a turn, or else we'll have too much work to do with the background

F and G next to stone walls
This one will be kinda tricky, since they cut in the movie. First they have the sun from rear left, then from the right. I think we'll make the road turn right just after they go through the gate, so we'll have the cobblestone wall on the right place, at least.

And I think we're happy with that for now ;)

And also, another filmer would be good. It is important that it looks exactly, or almost, like in the movie.

When building, remember this:
*There has to be a background, another hill or some trees, but make it look natural
*Don't waste time on stuff that wont be used in the movie. No easter eggs will appear, so focus on what we see in the scenes. Remember that we're using default texture pack
*Make sure that all locations are pretty far away from each other

Write in this thread if you're interested in building. I think it will work so that I ask Tim to whitelist you on the server, and then we can go through the scenes and make a decision on how to do it.

In addition, there is a new decision that has to be made.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just thought it would be cool if we, the EW community, made a MC version of the movie. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in doing it. We definitely need 10+ actors, a few people to film, a cutter, and if we could get help from Tim to organize some battle scenes specifically, it would be awesome!

I'm thinking we could make it 100% Minecraft. No other animations and no other sounds (though we might want a text bubble mod or something). If possible, we'd shoot every scene in the whole trilogy, might even get the scenes that are cut from the normal version and make the extended version, 10h.

Yea, it's a huge project, but it would be pretty cool, wouldn't it?

Tell me what you think and if you're interested.

Post what kind of task you're interested in.

15-20 actors should definitely be enough. The rest we'll film with random people on the server.
Note this: You can't say "I'm in as Gandalf" "I'm in as Sauron". You say that you want in, then roles are divided when we have enough actors.

Note that several people can choose the same preferred character, it's just preliminary.
Actors - Preferred character(s):
RoloAguero - Saruman, Mouth of Sauron, (Troll), Random uruk-hai, Gothmog, Witch king of Angmar
Kingjoseph1st - Theoden, Farmer Maggot, (Tom Bombadill), (Beregond)
Lepe2000 - Witch king of Angmar, Gimli, Gandalf
finnhoevenaars - Frodo
boogercraft - Legolas, Bilbo, Isildur, Nazgûl
QuirkyMockingjay
Benjamini66 - Lurtz, Galadriel, Sam, Frodo, Merry, Pippin
Andrewcramer - Boromir, Isildur
Mark2282
wacko244 - Pippin, Gothmog, Nazgûl
fourbros
ithewinner - Merry, Sam
Electric_Ice777 - Nazgul, Saruman
Superstormfur - Faramir
KordianThegreat - Aragorn
mostepicguy
YianniC - Eomer, Theoden, Boromir, Faramir,
DimitriP_13421 - Sauron, Random Orc
TheShadower7 - Haldir, (Imrahil)
bwninja2002 - Elrond
larken3
ThuBioNerd - Gimli, Smeagol
Sebastian314 - Nazgûl, Witch king of Angmar, (Shelob), Gimli, Haldir, Elrond, Arwen, Random elf, Random Haradrim, Random Rohirrim
oddballgild - Lurtz
beepbobit - Elrond, Celebrant
arakrsptec - Eomer, Legolas, Aragorn, Faramir, (Beregond), Pippin
RedExtremeXD
Pwnerdoode
CptBlockbeard
madmanxtreme - Theoden
agencolar

Kingjoseph1st
Anrza
Andrewcramer

(Kingjoseph1st)
Anrza

Anrza
bwninja2002

bwninja2002
KordianThegreat
Anrza

Textures: Default with necessities like rings and Uruk swords added won.
Sound: Default MC, and some other sounds if really necessary won.

Wagons, siege towers, etc: Frozen in the scene, or moving a bit at the time? We could definitely make it look OK with command blocks, moving the wagon and teleporting the players in it so it'll look half-realistic. Edit: Moving blocks won.

19/6 - Removed poll, make post a bit less messy.

Ha funny, I had this idea maybe 2 months ago but didn't have the confidence to suggest it. Of course, it would be so expensive, but think of the popularity the server could get. There are enough people on the server, loads are able to record, and it's not like it's that hard to act on mc. It would also be great if all the skins were made by EW players

Ha funny, I had this idea maybe 2 months ago but didn't have the confidence to suggest it. Of course, it would be so expensive, but think of the popularity the server could get. There are enough people on the server, loads are able to record, and it's not like it's that hard to act on mc. It would also be great if all the skins were made by EW players

Heh, I've had the idea too, just never gotten around to actually post it. Yea, if it's published by EQ, the server might get a bit of publicity.
I like the skin idea, but chances are, the best skins have already been made.

I am in, but when will the casting begin, I will make the most vicious and sadist Saruman, not even the emperor palpatin dressed as Christopher Lee will match the horror i will give to the audience.

I am in, but when will the casting begin, I will make the most vicious and sadist Saruman, not even the emperor palpatin dressed as Christopher Lee will match the horror i will give to the audience.

We'll probably only have a small amount of actors for many roles, meaning that everyone will be playing multiple characters.

[quote user_id="4829249" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/RoloAguero/74.png" name="RoloAguero"]I am in, but when will the casting begin, I will make the most vicious and sadist Saruman, not even the emperor palpatin dressed as Christopher Lee will match the horror i will give to the audience.

We'll probably only have a small amount of actors for many roles, meaning that everyone will be playing multiple characters.[/quote]
That causes difficulty with skins
Oh and I'd be an actor, but I think every one would be
I'd also like to throw in another possibility, which is that even if tim says no, as this is not something within the server we could form a seperate group from EW, regardless of whether or not we have the help of EW staff, so long as they let us use their maps...

[quote user_id="4185250" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Anrza/74.png" name="Anrza"][quote user_id="4829249" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/RoloAguero/74.png" name="RoloAguero"]I am in, but when will the casting begin, I will make the most vicious and sadist Saruman, not even the emperor palpatin dressed as Christopher Lee will match the horror i will give to the audience.

We'll probably only have a small amount of actors for many roles, meaning that everyone will be playing multiple characters.[/quote]
Oh and I'd be and actor, but I think every one would be
I'd also like to throw in another possibility, which is that even if tim says no, as this is not something within the server we could form a seperate group from EW, regardless of whether or not we have the help of EW staff, so long as they let us use their maps...[/quote]

You'd change it between scenes.

[quote user_id="7167875" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Benjamini66/74.png" name="Benjamini66"]
[quote user_id="4829249" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/RoloAguero/74.png" name="RoloAguero"]I am in, but when will the casting begin, I will make the most vicious and sadist Saruman, not even the emperor palpatin dressed as Christopher Lee will match the horror i will give to the audience.

We'll probably only have a small amount of actors for many roles, meaning that everyone will be playing multiple characters.
I'd also like to throw in another possibility, which is that even if tim says no, as this is not something within the server we could form a seperate group from EW, regardless of whether or not we have the help of EW staff, so long as they let us use their maps...[/quote]

You'd change it between scenes.[/quote]
It takes about 3 mins to change skins each time, would take time

[quote user_id="4185250" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Anrza/74.png" name="Anrza"]
[quote user_id="4185250" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Anrza/74.png" name="Anrza"][quote user_id="4829249" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/RoloAguero/74.png" name="RoloAguero"]I am in, but when will the casting begin, I will make the most vicious and sadist Saruman, not even the emperor palpatin dressed as Christopher Lee will match the horror i will give to the audience.

You'd change it between scenes.[/quote]
It takes about 3 mins to change skins each time, would take time[/quote]

Yea, well, I'm considering this as a project that will take a month or two... kinda puts 3 minutes in perspective.
And anyway, we'd probably shoot one storyline at the time, so there wouldn't have to be a lot of skinswitching.

So if this does really work, you never said when was this, how it is going to be successful, why it would be successful, and how to be in the movie. Do you choose or do we just say " ME " and we're in it?

So if this does really work, you never said when was this, how it is going to be successful, why it would be successful, and how to be in the movie. Do you choose or do we just say " ME " and we're in it?

I'm thinking that the people interested could do it sometime relatively soon, if enough people are interested.
Successful? Well, the goal of this when I posted it was to do something that's a fun and cool thing to do. I think we might be successful at that.

First, we/me will see who's interested. Then people can say what characters they wanna play (it's not unlikely that we'll have multiple people playing one character and one person playing multiple characters). Then we'll choose depending on who can be online when we're shooting a particular scene, and, of course, who can act well. By acting well I mean getting all the lines right and not doing stuff wrong.

I don't plan to be all bossy and shout on people telling them what to do. I'd rather see that we're several people directing it, and that cooperation goes well.

[quote user_id="6836612" avatar="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.enjin.com/187965/site_logo/medium.png" name="Mark2282"]I want to help!!!![/quote]

What do you wanna do?

What do you mean getting the lines right?

If someone can't spell, or says the wrong thing all the time, they may not be fit for it. No offence, anyone who has dyslexia.

[quote user_id="960266" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/sjoerdtim/74.png" name="sjoerdtim"]It'd be cool, but probably impossible.[/quote]

Might be difficult, but I do hope it isn't impossible!

[quote user_id="7167875" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Benjamini66/74.png" name="Benjamini66"]What do you mean getting the lines right?

If someone can't spell, or says the wrong thing all the time, they may not be fit for it. No offence, anyone who has dyslexia.[/quote]
Oh I see, I thought you were talking about speaking lines

I suppose if you have the time you can recode the server battles and use the best bits to make a trailer for the server.
Probable flying around to get a wider aspect of the battle and not just a 1st person view. :)

[quote user_id="4185250" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Anrza/74.png" name="Anrza"]
What do you mean getting the lines right?

If someone can't spell, or says the wrong thing all the time, they may not be fit for it. No offence, anyone who has dyslexia.
Oh I see, I thought you were talking about speaking lines[/quote]

[quote user_id="8292040" avatar="https://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/8292040/avatar/medium.1409776183.jpeg" name="Rosondoiue"]You make this sound like we're skyping? Or is it just typing it in?[/quote]

No, the plan ATM is just to type. Would probably be easiest if we used Macros, but we'll see.

:idea: about 6 months ago tim did a film of about 30 people shooting off helms deep wall, that could be useful in the movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back