• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Cove story competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimeeFox

Developper
Staff member
Developer
Builder
V2 Legend
Hello everyone!

With StealWonder's agreement, I am happy to announce Cove's Story contest! There is a map on EmpireWar, Cove, which needs a story. The contest is about to Invent a story of Cove!

Reward: your story will be shown on the wall in Cove's Lobby.

Main goal & rules:

Each place must have a story right? Well let's do one for Cove!

In your story you have to:
- Explain the chosen name
- Tell in a few words the story of the founder
- tell the story of Cove
And at last you have choice of writing anything you like, as long as it follows these and the forum rules.

You are also allowed to use a video made especially for this contest and illustrate your story with images, as long as you are the original author or at least have an agreement of the original author.

You can NOT plagiarize other entries

1 story per person (this means that if you have several enjin accounts, you are not allowed to post more than 1 sotry for all of them united)

The story must be Middle-Earth themed, so don't write a story with centaurs from narnia or darth vader stuff.

The contest will run for 3 weeks (21 days) starting from 7th April and finishing on 28th April

Take your time! There is no text Size limit.

I consider this neither an introduction nor a farewell, so moved to off-topic.

Since the Citadel Guard class is on the map, I picture it being a harbor town in Gondor. Most likely Edhellond, a coastal settlement in Gondor.

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Edhellond

Since the Citadel Guard class is on the map, I picture it being a harbor town in Gondor. Most likely Edhellond, a coastal settlement in Gondor.

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Edhellond
I considered that too

Just invent a story and try not throwing comments on here :)

Now, once upon a time not long ago
There was a little battle about to blow
But an orc army came, and it was not good
I think it was armed with copper and wood
So these silly little defenders, they were misled
By a crappy orcish army with no heads
"Me and you, Ugluk, we're gonna make get some kills
Grab this old axe and just paint their ass."
Hey, mister, would you care to bear witness to
The ass-whippin' I'm about to administer
To this ass-kissin' little orcish scum?
I'm about to murder these little orcy scrubs
You bastard, I ain't wanna have to kill ya

Now, at first, they ain't really understand this shit
Picture them, for a second, and imagine it
Chillin' in the big keep relaxin' when
All of a sudden some bullshit comes across the map, it's
Mordor Orcs! on some ready to fight shit
It creeped them out at first; man, this is sick
But the defenders, bein' just as sick
And I know how you jealous ones envy
They shoulda knew better from the first few scouts they sent
The first two orcs, they were tellin em shit like
You respect us, like any other regular army
The third orc, he asked how come I ain't returnin
None of the messages at the cove we left you
The fourth letter: "Defenders, you're really startin' to upset me."
The fifth letter told em they were comin' to get them
The sixth letter, there's an army threat on their castle
These crazy motherfucker's really tryna kill them
So the defenders went back and read the first scout's messages that said
Some shit about a surrender plan
Oh shit! That's not gonna happen
This dude wants to give a fight' he's gay!
"Right away, I'm talkin with our captain
We got a bogey, shit they're on the way."

So, in two seconds flat, orcs are at the cove
Only thing is, they know where the kids lives
And neither one of em have cove citizenship
"Shit. Oh, Ugluk, wait a minute, that's it!
All we gotta do is use a bit of gate ramming!
We can get through the gate! Let's Go!"
So we're off to the cove gate and we're gainin speed
"What was that? Oh, Snaga fell."
"Fuck it," keep goin', no time to waste
"Wait, back up. let's carry him, in case."
"Okay," fuck, now he's draggin' under the soldiers
"Oh well, only thirty more thousand miles!"
Meanwhile, the defenders are tryna conversate
Just tryna find a reason for the constant hate
And tryna figure out what happened to peace with the armies
"They couldn't have fell off that hard." Ain't no way!
What happened to the way they was cuttin' down trees
and making towers when they didn't need to fight?
That Orc Army turned into a bunch of scumbags!
Plus, they talk with this retarded voice
So, the orcs pull down the gate after bashing it
Defender corpses are lyin all over with their ass rotted
And the orcs kinda smelled a little bit of Conwy
They figured with these generic classes maybes it's not EW
So they stabbed the king twice, kept jabbin'—Christ!
"He won't die! This guy's like a battered wife!
He's like Sauron: he keeps comin' back for more
But he won't fight back, I cracked his jaw
Hold up! 'Bis, quit foldin' up!"
Punch me in the chest, make my shoulders touch
Do something! At least one combo!
Come on, answer me, man, respond!
Tell me 'bout the sun, rain, moon and stars!
Bite another line from Aragorn's speech!
Suddenly, the stub of a dead man's arm
From a midget reaches out from under the throne
It's a defender! This motherfucker won't die, neither!
Ugluk starts sprayin' him with arrows
We swamped the bitch in it; stomped the bitch again
"Mordor!" , bitch, talk some shit again!"
"Stomp him!" "Switch feet!" "Stomp him!" "Switch again!"
"Ugluk, all right, he's dead, dog, quit kickin' him!
I think the rest jumped off the bridge again!"
"Damn," "They disappeared, yo, they gone"

Cove, the Gondorian outpost

The building (as I imagine it) : An outpost that looks over Gondor & Rohan.

This hideout was built during the Second age to serve as an outpost to overview the Kingdom of Gondor and Rohan. The last alliance of Men. It is like a second Osgiliath, but far more hidden in the mountain pass. Traders often used the pass to reach Osgiliath and Minas Tirith, but this changed, traders stopped returning from their trading destinations, and Orcs had been spotted. Orcs never dared to come this far into enemy lands. But one day, this changed. A horn was blown far into the mountain pass, and it was no men's horn. A beacon tower a bit more into the mountain's pass was burned. Cove was under attack, and without any knowing of coming, the Orcs starting destroying Cove. The men fought as hard as they could, and reinforcements where too late. Their numbers became too big and retaking the city seemed not to be the smartest move. Cove was lost, it was thrown into ashes and darkness fell upon it. Flags of the Kingdom of Mordor where hung up, and the city turned green*. Cove had fell, and Gondor became a lot weaker that day.

*Like what happened with Minas Morgul

Cove, the Gondorian outpost

The building (as I imagine it) : An outpost that looks over Gondor & Rohan.

This hideout was built during the Second age to serve as an outpost to overview the Kingdom of Gondor and Rohan. The last alliance of Men. It is like a second Osgiliath, but far more hidden in the mountain pass. Traders often used the pass to reach Osgiliath and Minas Tirith, but this changed, traders stopped returning from their trading destinations, and Orcs had been spotted. Orcs never dared to come this far into enemy lands. But one day, this changed. A horn was blown far into the mountain pass, and it was no men's horn. A beacon tower a bit more into the mountain's pass was burned. Cove was under attack, and without any knowing of coming, the Orcs starting destroying Cove. The men fought as hard as they could, and reinforcements where too late. Their numbers became too big and retaking the city seemed not to be the smartest move. Cove was lost, it was thrown into ashes and darkness fell upon it. Flags of the Kingdom of Angmar where hung up, and the city turned green*. Cove had fell, and Gondor became a lot weaker that day.

*Like what happened with Minas Morgul
Just out of curiosity, what body of water would it be on?
Also, I think Angmar should be replaced with Mordor.

This story is based on some shit that I did on ragnarokroleplay (http://www.ragnarokroleplay.co/) so big part of the story belongs to a very long list of other RPers.
At the first age in East Beleriand, the elves of "Sarn Athrad", "Nan Elmoth" and "Himring" along with the dwarves of "Nogrod" and "Belegost" and the man of "Alderrath" and "GelinPort" (ill link all of them later) found that in the north, the spawn of mount Rerir is growing strong.
They all decided to stop that before it will be too late and gathered an army. The united army traveled north to first attack lake "Helevorn", a small fort of orcs near mount Rerir. On their way they passed by "North Port", a town populated by bandits, criminals and farmers which supplied the spawn of Rerir with food. After a short meeting with IV, the (sexy) Head of the town they decided to spare the town. They reached Helevorn and fought bravely (maybe a future map?) and after they achieved victory they marched toward mount Rerir. When they reached there they have been reinforced by the man of north port (who wanted to join the winning side) and the battle on mount Rerir started (map suggestion?). The force of good (and north port) fought bravely and almost achieved victory, but then a horn blew and throw the gate of the mountain arrived Aragrath the Blood-Lord, and reinforce straight from Angband. The force of good knew that they are doomed. They tried to defeat the reinforce and escape the death trap, but there was no chance of doing that. With last push they charged toward the gate, a suicide charge but it worked and a small group of humans managed to escape the mountain and ran of the alert everyone about the failure of the attack.
They first reached north port, and after telling the bad news, some of them stayed and the rest got on boats and traveled to warn the rest of East Beleriand, traveling the rest of the cities. The man of north port knew that the orc will come to get them because of their part of the battle. And so they decided in last act of bravery or hate, they must buy the rest of East Beleriand and stop the first group of orcs that will arrive. They sent the old people and the framers to south-west. And the rest of them, civilians and bandits, Started move supply to their fortress called cove.
And so it begins, the battle between man and orc, the battle that will decide the fate of East Beleriand.
(I changed some of the things)
north port: http://www.ragnarokroleplay.co/forum/m/29428428/viewthread/29452426-north-port
GelinPort: http://www.ragnarokroleplay.co/forum/m/29428428/viewthread/29446389-lordship-gelinport
Mount Rerir: http://www.ragnarokroleplay.co/forum/m/29428428/viewthread/29433001-host-mount-rerir
Helevorn: http://www.ragnarokroleplay.co/forum/m/29428428/viewthread/29426405-lake-helevorn-affairs
Alderrath: http://www.ragnarokroleplay.co/forum/m/29428428/viewthread/29417914-domain-alderrath
Belegost: http://www.ragnarokroleplay.co/forum/m/29428428/viewthread/29424113-kingdom-belegost
/spoiler]

It is the late Third Age. Sauron's armies have mustered to crush the Kingdom of Gondor, along with the bloodlines of Numenor, once and for all. With the calling of reinforcements to Minas Tirith, the coastal town of Edhellond is left with few men to defend it. The harbor had once been a haven of Elves, who have long since left this world for the Undying Lands. In a surprise attack, Edhellond is assailed by a fleet of ships from Umbar, carrying the servants of Mordor. This is but a fragment of the armada that will assail Pelargir over the days to come, but more than enough to overwhelm Edhellond. The men of Gondor make their last stand in the fortress above the harbour. If they fall, the unprotected inland villages of Gondor will be helpless...

[user avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Szucsclan/74.png" name="Szucsclan"]12519458[/user] that is a genuinely good story, short and detailed. please add this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back