• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Ithlien Archer

Every_Pig

This class would be a voter class for the maps Minas Tirith and Osgiliath.
However, instead of having 16 arrows (as the usual archer class) it should have 20. This would be a slight addition to the class but also make it worth voting for.
The main perk this class will have is a BALANCED version of the burst ability. In my opinion, this ability should allow players to fire 3-5 arrows in rapid succession in a linear line (same as how normal/single arrows are fired) I think that a 1/4 damage reduction to the arrows would help keep this class balanced. Also, when the burst is fired, it should take up all 3-5 arrows fired. This will make the class more balanced and force players to use this ability conservatively. I also think that a cooldown similar to that of Ranger (maybe 30 secs?) would be logical. Overall, I hope this ability will make the class differentiate from archer and ranger, which will making it more appealing to vote for.
Another possible perk this class would have is speed. In my opinion, the class should just have speed 1. Speed 1 would allow this class to be more effective in hit and run tactics. which the Rangers of Ithlien relied heavily in lore. (For example surprise attacks on Haradrim)
This class is also lore accurate on both maps. In the siege of osgiliath some of the gondorian garrison along with a few hundred rangers of ithlien defended the city. In the siege of minas tirith, around a 100-200 remaining ithlien soldiers fought alongside the remaining gondorian garrison.
Ithlien Archer
Leather Chestplate
Leather Leggings
Leather Boots

Wooden Sword
Bow (Power 1)
20 Arrows
Cost:none it’s voter

Effects:
Speed 1
Burst Ability - Courtesy of Dr_Olex and de_mik

you said it is voter but then point which one? tbh i think its not really a strong point class. its like archer but fast not really that special imo

yes i meant voter.
Thanks for the feedback, i decided to give it a nerfed version of the barrage ability (which ranger has) this will make the class special and worth using, and make it different from a normal archer with speed :P

I really like your suggestion, but the ability could be something like burst of arrows in stead of a volley.

First off i must say that i appreciate the effort you put into the suggestion, Not everybody nowdays cares about the layout or stating their reasoning behind a class.

This class is interesting but i am afraid it would just be too good to be a voter class. I'm also not completely sure how a weaker volley would work. Personally i'm not a fan of having 2 identical abilities on the server so maybe it could be changed to something like Mik said; A burst of arrows?

First off i must say that i appreciate the effort you put into the suggestion, Not everybody nowdays cares about the layout or stating their reasoning behind a class.

This class is interesting but i am afraid it would just be too good to be a voter class. I'm also not completely sure how a weaker volley would work. Personally i'm not a fan of having 2 identical abilities on the server so maybe it could be changed to something like Mik said; A burst of arrows?

I think that is interesting but that is dancing the line close to arrowspam we must be careful how we tread. Perhaps no more than 2 or a MAX of 3 as it can be annoying and/or op

This is buffed archer. Removing power 1 from bow would make it more in line with the other archer classes.

[quote user_id="11532960" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Dr_olex/74.png" name="Dr_olex"]First off i must say that i appreciate the effort you put into the suggestion, Not everybody nowdays cares about the layout or stating their reasoning behind a class.

I think that is interesting but that is dancing the line close to arrowspam we must be careful how we tread. Perhaps no more than 2 or a MAX of 3 as it can be annoying and/or op[/quote]

An arrow burst is far less annoying than volley since it would require skill to use and would be outplayable against the skill.

Also, I do not feel speed is appropriate as it feels still too similar to ranger (speed, non enchanted bow, green leather armor, and arrow ability that fires more than 1 arrow at once). This is a radical change but maybe keep the 20 arrows give it full chain armor and slow 1? keep the wooden sword tho

This is buffed archer. Removing power 1 from bow would make it more in line with the other archer classes.

[quote user_id="18949559" avatar="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.enjin.com/187965/site_logo/medium.png" name="lord ish"][quote user_id="11532960" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Dr_olex/74.png" name="Dr_olex"]First off i must say that i appreciate the effort you put into the suggestion, Not everybody nowdays cares about the layout or stating their reasoning behind a class.

I think that is interesting but that is dancing the line close to arrowspam we must be careful how we tread. Perhaps no more than 2 or a MAX of 3 as it can be annoying and/or op[/quote]

An arrow burst is far less annoying than volley since it would require skill to use and would be outplayable against the skill.[/quote]
I'd be happier with a short burst ability than volley too. Also it kinda seems more realistic to shoot lots of arrows in succession, rather than 5 at once.

thats a good point you made. Thank you for pointing out some valid criticism!

I do agree with you. A burst (in comparison to a volley) would require more skill and probably be a better option. The burst would bring a new concept to the game and make this class unique (not just like an exact copy of Ranger).

In my opinion the burst should fire 3-5 arrows, with each arrow doing 3/4 the damage of a normal arrow. (This should make this class more balanced) A burst will use up all the arrows fired, so in a single burst 3-5 arrows could be lost. I feel like this would also keep the class balanced by forcing players to be conservative using their arrows and burst ability. Lastly, I think there should be some sort of cooldown to avoid this ability being abused. Maybe 30 seconds or however long the cooldown is for ranger is what I was thinking.

Anyways, Ill edit my post and replace the barrage idea with the burst idea.

Thanks guys!

[quote user_id="11532960" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Dr_olex/74.png" name="Dr_olex"]First off i must say that i appreciate the effort you put into the suggestion, Not everybody nowdays cares about the layout or stating their reasoning behind a class.

thats a good point you made. Thank you for pointing out some valid criticism!

I do agree with you. A burst (in comparison to a volley) would require more skill and probably be a better option. The burst would bring a new concept to the game and make this class unique (not just like an exact copy of Ranger).

In my opinion the burst should fire 3-5 arrows, with each arrow doing 3/4 the damage of a normal arrow. (This should make this class more balanced) A burst will use up all the arrows fired, so in a single burst 3-5 arrows could be lost. I feel like this would also keep the class balanced by forcing players to be conservative using their arrows and burst ability. Lastly, I think there should be some sort of cooldown to avoid this ability being abused. Maybe 30 seconds or however long the cooldown is for ranger is what I was thinking.

Anyways, Ill edit my post and replace the barrage idea with the burst idea.

Thanks guys![/quote]

3/4 dmg of 5 arrows is some PRETTY high damage, hell even 3 arrows of that damage is high the thing is a walking ballista. i think the idea is good, but if its 5 arrows then 5 times 3/4 is 15/4 which is basically 4 and if it has pow 1 normal then that is enough to kill a ranger or archer and do hella dmg to soldier. maybe half damage per arrow would be better?

This class is literally just archer + speed + burst + extra arrows.
That's not at all balanced, it's just a buffed existing class.

This class is literally just archer + speed + burst + extra arrows.
That's not at all balanced, it's just a buffed existing class.
Sure but the burst mechanic is interesting, no? Balance can always get changed.

no... and harad archer is soooooo balanced.

Harad Archer is Archer with less damage and extra poison.
That's balance. What balance isn't is just adding extra pros without adding cons to a class.

[quote user_id="11532960" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Dr_olex/74.png" name="Dr_olex"]Sure but the burst mechanic is interesting, no? Balance can always get changed.[/quote]

Maybe, but I think you have to expand on what you mean with burst. Do you mean rapidfiring ~3 arrows with a ~0.5 second delay in between? In that case I think would look weird and be far too special. However, this could perhaps be used for Vale archer.

my concern of this class is if it is too op it would be a walking ballista. in fact the barrage ability is very close to ballista and I wish it was a different archer ability

[user avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/sjoerdtim/74.png" name="sjoerdtim"]960266[/user] it swwms like you ignore the fact that poison dont give a shit about armour and fck up your movment as long as it least

[user avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/sjoerdtim/74.png" name="sjoerdtim"]960266[/user] it swwms like you ignore the fact that poison dont give a shit about armour and fck up your movment as long as it least

which is fine because it sacrifices pow 1 for it to happen

You do understand that the poision is both equaling the damage (pow1 is not that strong) and also add a period of time when enemy archers can hardly shoot back...

Back