• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Ithlien Archer

You do understand that the poision is both equaling the damage (pow1 is not that strong) and also add a period of time when enemy archers can hardly shoot back...

you can its just hard and annoying. its poison 1 its strong but not broken op

[quote user_id="14628767" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/assassiniv/74.png" name="assassiniv"]You do understand that the poision is both equaling the damage (pow1 is not that strong) and also add a period of time when enemy archers can hardly shoot back...

you can its just hard and annoying. its poison 1 its strong but not broken op[/quote]
never said it was exteamly broke, just that its not that "balanced" as tim claim range units to be.

[user avatar="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.enjin.com/187965/site_logo/small.png" name="lord ish"]18949559[/user] pls stop quoting or mentioning me, it makes double notification.

(thank you)
I agree that it would be a fun class but i belive it deserve a nerf in order to not swarm tim with butthurts like me complaining about the OP archer class and calling to remove archer at all coz its pure cancer.

then it becomes an arrow spam class which is really dangerous.. if it fires arrows faster similar to the ballista, then it is a bit more skilled of an archer but I don't know if that is really what you are going for then. Its just arrowspam is not something that would be good for balance. maybe if it is implemented, change it so that it does really low to no damage at close range, requiring it to be at least at moderate range (and with normal damage arrows loading faster like legolas, its still a bit op)

then it becomes an arrow spam class which is really dangerous.. if it fires arrows faster similar to the ballista, then it is a bit more skilled of an archer but I don't know if that is really what you are going for then. Its just arrowspam is not something that would be good for balance. maybe if it is implemented, change it so that it does really low to no damage at close range, requiring it to be at least at moderate range (and with normal damage arrows loading faster like legolas, its still a bit op)

Yeah, it could work if the burst were like a hard-hitting spammed pike. Keep the enemies back by giving them KB, but not enough so a single burst can one shot/take over half health of an an enemy. Also it'd be less accurate or have less power.

thank you ish for the reply!
You're right, I dont want this class to become an arrow spammers wet dream. I am rethinking the ability so that it is more like Tobberz description, which is similar to pike (knockback, but not enough damage to kill people.)

So here is my proposition:
Ithlien Archer
Leather Cap
Leather Tunic
Leather Boots

The Leather Boots would come along with voting. (this is to give people incentive to vote for those booties!) I also decided to give this class 2-2.5 layers of armor because of it ability, to keep the class balanced.
Wooden Sword
Bow (Power 1)
20 Arrows

Adding on to Tobberz idea: The burst ability would reduce the damage of arrows significantly, but increase knockback.
As he stated,
[quote user_id="9802996" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Tobberz/74.png" name="Tobberz"]
Yeah, it could work if the burst were like a hard-hitting spammed pike. Keep the enemies back by giving them KB, but not enough so a single burst can one shot/take over half health of an an enemy. Also it'd be less accurate or have less power.[/quote]
My idea is that the burst ability would fire 4 arrows, each with 0.25 seconds inbetween. The total ability would last 1 second.

In close range, the damage is decreased significantly. I was thinking 1/3 of the power of a normal Power 0 arrow.This would leave soldiers with 7.5 hearts, and archers with 6 hearts, if every arrow hit its mark. This class should be best used in "medium distance", which is around 25 blocks. These arrows would do 1/2 damage of a normal Power 0 arrow, which would leave soldiers with 6 hearts, and archers with 4.5, if every arrow hit its mark.

While it may not do much damage, its main effect would be knockback. Every arrow fired would have the effect of one Punch 1 arrow. This class would be useful on Osgiliath as it could knock down enemy orcs into the water much more easily, at the cost of less damage. This class would be helpful on Tirith as well because it would be able to knock orcs off siege towers, walls, and gates much easier.

There would be a cooldown in which this ability could be used. I was thinking sometime around 30-45 seconds. Also, to make this class balanced, you can not use your bow for 3 seconds after using the ability. This would further prevent people from using this as "arrow spam" ability on close range.

Overall, this class should function as a slightly weaker archer with more of an offensive advantage, due to its slightly higher arrow amount and unique ability. I feel that this class should work well in maps like Tirith and Osgiliath due to its punch ability being able to knock enemies off into the water/fall to the ground.

this is fantastic idea I love it!! but tobberz had a good point/idea - arrowspread or bulletspread. I don't think it would be too unbalanced if it got more damage but also more spread therefore being a tad less accurate... or if you feel it is not appropriate we can put it in a different class perhaps. maybe make arrows in general fired at under 5 blocks or less drawback creates more spread

Back