• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Mercenary changes

Olex

Stonefoot
Staff member
V2 Hero
1501789910_2017-08-03_21.31.01.png

Today i played around a bit with the Goblin mercenary on laketown and i believe it needs a buff so here are a few suggestions:

First off, what is the Mercenaries purpose? I have always imagined Mercenaries as high-mobility assasins that climb the rooftops and ambush archers and other weak classes. It would play a bit similar to NazGhul but only target non-melee classes

However it feels like it lacks the strenght to easily counter archers due to it´s weak damage not being very good. The only thing it has is the mobility.

1. Buff the melee damage (Add strenght 1 for example) If you´re gonna jump off buildings and kill archers you have to do it quickly and efficiently, before you get caught. get in-get out missions. An archer getting killed by a merc should feel like an unexpecting gondor soldier getting picked up by a NazGhul. You should be next intill screwed before you can even react

2. Remove the leggins, if it´s gonna be really effective against weak melee classes it should have a good reason to avoid swordsmen.
If that´s not enough for a downside, maybe (instead) make it incapable of regenerating and get health from killing/eating its victims

3. Give it Featherfalling 3 or something, damn.

4. Make it Jump-boost 3 instead of 2, It will make it easier to get up on and jump between rooftops

I think these changes would really make mercs more effective. The nerfed defence would make it have to choose its targets and moments carefully while still kicking ass in its own way.

OBS! You can vote for multiple options!

I think that your ideas are great ones, and that if it is going to have such an armor nerf it needs compensation not just in mobility but in damage too. Currently beserker is a far more useful class because it is on every map and is op. I'm not advocating for a nerf to beserker, but an overhaul to mercenary like olex has proposed

also instead of decreasing regen, why not he just regen damage done, or a fraction of damage done because otherwise killstealers can really fuck over the merc.

another thing to point out, if you shoot the thing itll die quickly, also to spears. is there any way to make it survive 1 spear or 2 arrows without making it too op?

RN Merc can beat almost every class by simply running into it and push him into the water, I think this needs to be changed

I agree with more damage, and feather falling would be cool.

Or instead of more damage, more knockback.

Or instead of more damage, more knockback.
I thought of that but i think that would just cause players not to use the rooftops, instead focus on knocking people into the water from the street. With knockback it doesn't matter who you fight aslong as you get the first hit.

*lock request*

Mercenary got buffed without us knowing, It's good now and might not even need the knockback.
I still hope you consider increasing the jumpboost and giving it featherfalling, Maybe in exchange for speed 1 instead of 2?

*lock request*

Mercenary got buffed without us knowing, It's good now and might not even need the knockback.
I still hope you consider increasing the jumpboost and giving it featherfalling, Maybe in exchange for speed 1 instead of 2?

it also got nerfed without us knowing *unlock request*
now its less useful .-.
some might argue
useless

From sharp 7 to sharp 3 - useless ( some people wanted a buff for it when it had sharp 7 ) .

Back