• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Outer Gondor Update class ideas

LimeeFox

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Builder
V2 Legend
The next update is shortly coming, so I decided to throw a few class ideas:

Blue team

Name: Edhellond Fisherman

It would be exactly same as Laketown fisherman with just different leather colors and possibly limited to specific flags only. (Map: Edhellond)

Name: Half-elf

Type: Class package

Maps: Edhellond

Weapons: Bow, Iron sword, shield

Equipment/Items: (3 ladders) & 10 steak, 8 arrows

Armor: Either a new custom helmet, leather helmet or no helmet at all. Chain chestplate, leather leggins, chain boots (with maybe feather falling I ?)

Potion Effects:
[rule]

Abilities: none

Extra Info: The shield won't be shown in inv until the player hold the sword. This means shield appears only if the player holds his sword.
[rule]

Why do you think your class should be added? Edhellond has a part of population of men race and the other part is elvish. That definitely means that they had mixes --> half elves. Elves are known for their bow skills, and men are known for swords.

Minas Tirith's class (Dol Amroth knight) should definitely be among the classes on Edhellond map.

Red team

Name: Hillman barbarian

Type: Voter

Weapons: Same as troll's/Dol Guldur captain' axe

Equipment/Items: (3 ladders) & 10 steak,

Armor: A player head of a barbarian, leather tunic, leather leggins, chain boots

Potion Effects: Stregth I,
[rule]

Abilities: Speed for about ~15 seconds after a flag capture (YAAAH WE CPATURED IT OO OO AA AA), motivation speed, thirst of death...

Extra Info: Hillman from around the city, obvious enemy and outlaw of Gondor. Living conditions are horrible, so poor armor (explaining weakness effect) but alot of strength as his body is made to survive in wilderness. Hates the free folks of the West.

This class would be available after the reinforcement arrive (Unconfirmed)
[rule]

Why do you think your class should be added? This would bring some different playstyle probably, would be pretty logic for it to help corsairs to attack the city, since it would be a profit for the Hillmen to get rid of Gondor once and for all.

Name: Hillman shotybow-man

Type: Class package? not sure whcih type it should be

Weapons: Bow, stone sword

Equipment/Items: (3 ladders) & 10 steak, 16 arrows

Armor: A player head of a barbarian, leather tunic, Leather boots

Potion Effects: Resistance I
[rule]

Abilities: Has a bow that breaks. This class can Craft a new one using crafting tables around restocks. Though needs first to restock to recieve 3 strings and 3 sticks (only given if the player has no bow in inventory)

Extra Info: Hillmen didn't have good equipement, so they made bows themselves. That's why this class has a short bow (quickly crafted). It is though not very stable, so the bow breaks.

This class would be available after the reinforcement arrive (Unconfirmed)
[rule]

Why do you think your class should be added? More or less same reasons as for the previous Hillman class.

For the Corsairs themselves, should be ~ the same as for Lossarnach.

For all of my suggestions for Lossarnach map, see the following thread: http://www.empirewar.org/forums/m/5312442/viewthread/31722839-lossarnach-class-ideas/

In regards to the Half-Elf, Edhellond was abandoned after Amroth died in 1981 of the Third Age. The WotR, which I'm presuming is the general time frame of this battle, happens in 3019 of the Third Age. So no one lives in Edhellond, especially Half-Elves. Plus, there were only like three or four Half-Elves ever in the history of Middle-Earth.

In regards to the Half-Elf, Edhellond was abandoned after Amroth died in 1981 of the Third Age. The WotR, which I'm presuming is the general time frame of this battle, happens in 3019 of the Third Age. So no one lives in Edhellond, especially Half-Elves. Plus, there were only like three or four Half-Elves ever in the history of Middle-Earth.

I don't think lore accuracy really matters that much since Lossarnach was definitely not attacked by the Corsairs, there were no mages, etc.

EmpireWar has a bit of an alternative timeline for the non-canon battles. In this timeline, Edhellond was never abandoned and gets attacked by a big fleet from Umbar area.

We try to keep the classes lore-accurate. Atleast to a point where most of our players wont notice any problems.

fyi, weakness reduces attack damage not durability, so strength 1 and weakness 1 more or less negate each other

a) I don't get why we can't just set Edhellond further in the past, that is what I was thinking anyway.

b) On the classes: I Like Half-Elf, effectively a shieldman with a bow.

Hillman Barbarian: Not sure about the name or the execution, but I like the idea of a "rush" ability, wherein a normally slow/normal class can suddenly sprint fast. On a cooldown, or when they get kills.

Hillman Shortbow: Not sure why I'd want to play an archer class whose bow breaks, when I could play an archer class with an unbreaking bow.

Hillman Shortbow: Not sure why I'd want to play an archer class whose bow breaks, when I could play an archer class with an unbreaking bow.
It has some strength, a bit in the same idea as Vale archer though instead of armor, it has just a sharper attack. If breaking bows isn't something much liked, it can be ignored, although I just thought that something new (this) would be "interesting" but whatever.

Back