• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Remove or nerf barriers at maps (not lobbies)

Grissum1

Lead Resource Pack Artist
Staff member
Moderator
Resource Pack Artist
V2 Lord
Well, barrier blocks in lobbies still suck very much for anti-immersive reasons, but I understand why they're there. It's the easy way to block people instead of putting a lot of effort into making it pretty and blocking people at the same time.

Barrier blocks in maps, however, suck a lot more. I cannot recall the number of times I died to these things cuz I accidentally found a barrier that decided to launch me 20 blocks away from it, pushing me to my death. I had a 33-kill streak today, and the barrier on a mountain bulge next to the Easterling camp claimed my bounty by pushing me off of the bulge and me dying to fall damage. That sucks cuz 1. that was not an earned death as I did not know that was there at first. I might as well have got /kill Grissum1. 2. I died for nothing, while that could have been points for someone else less fortunate.

Another time was when I was kiting several ppl with Ithilien Ranger, and then a barrier block pushed me right into their swords.
 
Back
Top