• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Revive Epicquestz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
More map-specific classes such as on Moria Gold. And maps idk. People can get suggestions out there.

Crusaders hold (Maybe different name because of theme). Also cove is different than lotr so thats not an actual excuse. Same as old classes. Spearman, maceman, swordsman, archer, knight templar, holy knight, and maybe something else you prefer. Same gates and capzones

Our first pvp map on siegemc that had 30 players on launch. The Byzantines vs Crusaders one

1. That was because of adamrob2002
2. Everyone left after 5 minutes
3. That doesn't mean the map is good or fits the theme

What maps would you like to see and what classes added?

Maps:
Moria Halls was a good map, decent for a growing playerbase as it was direct and kept things LOTR while not being too confusing. Classes: Dwarven Guard, Hammerer, Axethrower(?), Balrog (?), Bonebreaker and I believe Gundabad Orc was on this as well.

Morgul was small yet as majestic as Tirith could ever be. Like Moria (H) it was direct and simple in the gameplay also good for a growing playerbase. Classes: Warg Tamer, Gondor Captain, Troll (some sort of tank class), Nazgul (?), Morgul Orc

Tirith was a bit big but could still work if perhaps maybe certain sections were closed off for a time? Good gameplay very direct like the other two I've listed (above). It was fairly simple in how it went with each flag not being recappable and going in order up the levels through the gates. Classes: Dol Amroth Knight, Harad Archer, (Morgul Orc?), Nazgul (?) and Troll (or some other tank class, No Halberd does not count)

I'm sure others could list a great many more but my mind is choosing to be slow and not much help and I may have missed a couple classes as well but, I'm sure others will add as well.

Edit: I have no real idea how many of these maps were saved and if they were they all need a bit of a revamp in certain aspects as I don't doubt will happen IF they are added. My suggestions are also in part catering to the most common opinions I've seen recently on the server.

Maps:
Moria Halls was a good map, decent for a growing playerbase as it was direct and kept things LOTR while not being too confusing. Classes: Dwarven Guard, Hammerer, Axethrower(?), Balrog (?), Bonebreaker and I believe Gundabad Orc was on this as well.
Everyone, including Tim agrees we should read this map, but it is on his old PC at the moment. Hopefully it will be available soon.

Morgul was small yet as majestic as Tirith could ever be. Like Moria (H) it was direct and simple in the gameplay also good for a growing playerbase. Classes: Warg Tamer, Gondor Captain, Troll (some sort of tank class), Nazgul (?), Morgul Orc
I think that Morgul could work well, but Tim seems kinda against it. I am sure Steal and I could convince him.

Tirith was a bit big but could still work if perhaps maybe certain sections were closed off for a time? Good gameplay very direct like the other two I've listed (above). It was fairly simple in how it went with each flag not being recappable and going in order up the levels through the gates. Classes: Dol Amroth Knight, Harad Archer, (Morgul Orc?), Nazgul (?) and Troll (or some other tank class, No Halberd does not count)
Tirith will be added, but whether all of it is added, or just some of it, is undecided.

[quote user_id="12354507" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Lord_Kumiho/74.png" name="Lord_Kumiho"]
Maps:
Everyone, including Tim agrees we should read this map, but it is on his old PC at the moment. Hopefully it will be available soon.

[quote user_id="12354507" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Lord_Kumiho/74.png" name="Lord_Kumiho"]
Morgul was small yet as majestic as Tirith could ever be. Like Moria (H) it was direct and simple in the gameplay also good for a growing playerbase. Classes: Warg Tamer, Gondor Captain, Troll (some sort of tank class), Nazgul (?), Morgul Orc[/quote]
I think that Morgul could work well, but Tim seems kinda against it. I am sure Steal and I could convince him.

Tirith was a bit big but could still work if perhaps maybe certain sections were closed off for a time? Good gameplay very direct like the other two I've listed (above). It was fairly simple in how it went with each flag not being recappable and going in order up the levels through the gates. Classes: Dol Amroth Knight, Harad Archer, (Morgul Orc?), Nazgul (?) and Troll (or some other tank class, No Halberd does not count)[/quote]
Tirith will be added, but whether all of it is added, or just some of it, is undecided.[/quote]

Beautiful, awesome and great so far. Tirith is by Far not my favorite map but as long as it comes back even if it's just one flag, I'll be happy to see it. Thx Tob

Edit: What about the classes though? That gonna happen?

[quote name="Edit: What about the classes though? That gonna happen?"][/quote]

Once Tim finds time he would'nt have a reason not to.

Would moving away from the siege concept be an option if we lack maps? EQ got a few maps which could easily be thrned into TDM or CTF maps if they aren't fit for siege. I'm not suggesting to scrap siege, just add some variation.

Would moving away from the siege concept be an option if we lack maps? EQ got a few maps which could easily be thrned into TDM or CTF maps if they aren't fit for siege. I'm not suggesting to scrap siege, just add some variation.
Osgiliath and Moria gold aren't siege :) That is 2/5 of all maps already!

[quote name="StealWonders"]What maps would you like to see and what classes added?
Maps: black gate, mossia and minas tirith
Classes: axe thrower, twoll (i bet it wont be added again) and ledderer[/quote]
I just cant wait to play "mossia"
Also, X-bow(anti archer) ,hammer dwarf, dak, maybe half troll? Royal guard, warg tamer.

Any more suggestions?

I think most everything is either a WIP or has been made known.
I mean, maybe a poll should be held to keep or be gone with Cove? (Due to it's 1. A.. disliked? map. The reasons exactly are beyond me although I can't say it's my favorite either. 2. It's not LOTR related) I'm guessing that's a talk for another time/place though.

[user avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/StealWonders/74.png" name="StealWonders"]5363448[/user] What about my "push the cart" suggestion?
(Use a a simple minecart on rail)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back