• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

The EmpireWar texturepack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olex

Stonefoot
Staff member
V2 Hero
I think quite a few of us have wanted a major update to the texturepack, especially the builders. I made this thread so we can discuss what we would like to see changed/added and let Tobberz know.

I can think of a few things right now but i would like to hear what you guys want.

Retexture Polarbear to a Warg
Make it ridable with a plugin and say no more to the skeleton horses.

Mithril sword texturd for Dia sword
It... kind of sticks out...

Fix the top/bottom of slabs and stairs
It doesnt look like the normal blocks and it's extremely ugly.

Fix the stone texture of ores
Ores might not be used that much in the building but theu are some of the strangest blocks in the pack.

Reconsider using a plugin to be able to have multiple textures for the same item by renaming it
We don't have enough items. If Balrog was re-added you would want a flaming sword for that but at the moment there isnt one. Being able to give all the factions different textured armour would also be incredible and would take a huge step for the server. It's worth an attempt and maybe the community could atleast put a few textures together.

Also, this is just me, but the wood texture seems a bit odd, almost ugly. It makes lake town look kinda bad imo.

Ok so I took tome time to mull over the suggestions...

So what, basically, does the EW pack need?
-Green textured bricks for Erebor (+Slabs/Stairs etc)
-Quartz blocks (fixed)
-Zoom's Hoods (Haradrim + Ranger
-Zoom's Halberd
-Zoom's throwing axes
-Zoom's Hammerer helmet
-Spear/Pike texture
-All current sounds.
-Gold Helmet/Crown
-Mage wand (possibly)

What can be added?
+Old Paintings

In my view, it would be fine to just have these textures, then allow the player to choose which other textures they use.

I had, for a long time, an idea to have different textures depending on biome. Like pick a biome that would be used for elven builds and make some type of leaves like yellow, red or brown. Use nother biome to make erebor green bricks (dont know if that one's possible) or also water change is very important.

Ok so I took tome time to mull over the suggestions...

So what, basically, does the EW pack need?
-Green textured bricks for Erebor (+Slabs/Stairs etc)
-Quartz blocks (fixed)
-Zoom's Hoods (Haradrim + Ranger
-Zoom's Halberd
-Zoom's throwing axes
-Zoom's Hammerer helmet
-Spear/Pike texture
-All current sounds.
-Gold Helmet/Crown
-Mage wand (possibly)

What can be added?
+Old Paintings

In my view, it would be fine to just have these textures, then allow the player to choose which other textures they use.
Were none of my suggestions reasonable?

[quote user_id="9802996" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Tobberz/74.png" name="Tobberz"]-snip-
Were none of my suggestions reasonable?[/quote]
Fix the top/bottom of slabs and stairs
It doesnt look like the normal blocks and it's extremely ugly.

Fix the stone texture of ores
Ores might not be used that much in the building but theu are some of the strangest blocks in the pack.

I basically took into account both of these.

-Your diamond sword point is also taken into account, as in it isn't included in the textures I would keep.

Both your other suggestions aren't specifically about the texture pack, although we could retexture polar bear I suppose.

idk if its necroposting but this one is VERY important for me:

Could you retexture all purpur blocks and blocks that go with it into somekind of Orkish bricks? If you played LOTR Mod in Minecraft, the colour could possibly be the same as there, and maybe use the shapes of the bricks like in the normal stone bricks that are in the resourcepack. Please do ASAP.

Actual warg texture for both dogs and skeleton horses.

(PS:Shouldn't this be in suggestions?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back