• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Troll

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Iroh

V2 Lord
So currently, despite what many say, troll is not fine. it is op but it is meant to be, after all it is a troll. However, it is sad how a few measly archers can destroy it with spam, or if everybody gangs up its dead

instead of suggesting a singular solution I will propose many and we can pick and choose which ones we like

1. Re add instakill rock and be done with it

2.a Give troll splash damage (in the hobbit movie azog was wielding a rock on a chain, and if that hit anybody it would deal a ton of damage) so this has two options - instead of throwing the instakill rock it can do instakill damage in a 120 degree cone to all enemies in front of it with a cooldown

2.b he can pound his ax on the ground and deal +50% damage in the conical area or something, or he can instead of dealing damage deal slowness 3 killing mobility. if u got hit by anything from a troll I doubt you could move, however every hit is too op so the splash works

3. leave troll as is, and add armored troll who has 1 extra slowness, either resis 4 or more armor, rock, and iron ax. slightly more durable but also slower. in addition, it would be far more resistant to arrows

4. Add one of the above with a slight nerf, but also give additional regen of +4 hearts upon kill and +2 upon assists

idk these are just suggestions and as I get your feedback they will be reworked

Btw after doing tests in troll vs soldier, trolls have 5 hearts left after killing the soldier in 1 for 1 trades which means 1 troll is worth 2 soldiers in combat. They do not need buffing. As for "a few measly archers destroying it" archers are literally the only counter to troll and it still takes them ages to kill it.

How are you supposed to kill them if not by grouping up on or shooting them? I wouldn´t mind rocks returning tho.

Btw after doing tests in troll vs soldier, trolls have 5 hearts left after killing the soldier in 1 for 1 trades which means 1 troll is worth 2 soldiers in combat. They do not need buffing. As for "a few measly archers destroying it" archers are literally the only counter to troll and it still takes them ages to kill it.

first of all troll hits slower, second troll is the only good answer to halberd, three troll is also the only good answer to beserker. troll is a POINT class, it is meant to be a fucking troll not a flimsy half troll. 1 troll may be worth 2 soldiers, sure, but keep in mind that in old EW, ratios were not even. they were far stacked to give attackers more people but defenders the high ground. In current EW, on maps like Moria especially the ratios are 1:1, so defenders have a significant advantage. buffing troll slightly would fix all that.

How are you supposed to kill them if not by grouping up on or shooting them? I wouldn´t mind rocks returning tho.
its ok if everybody gangs up on it, but it should be able to survive a bit more than it does. currently if 2 good soldiers take on a troll the troll can die easily since it hits slowly and soldiers can take a hit unlike other classes. troll is not a troll, troll is feeling flimsy like a mini tank

[quote user_id="11532960" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Dr_olex/74.png" name="Dr_olex"]How are you supposed to kill them if not by grouping up on or shooting them? I wouldn´t mind rocks returning tho.
its ok if everybody gangs up on it, but it should be able to survive a bit more than it does. currently if 2 good soldiers take on a troll the troll can die easily since it hits slowly and soldiers can take a hit unlike other classes. troll is not a troll, troll is feeling flimsy like a mini tank[/quote]

Right. Troll is NOT a mini tank by any means. It has 5 armor (1.5 less than soldier) with RESISTANCE 3. Resistance 3 gives the troll 60% damage reduction.

1. Re add instakill rock and be done with it

No, this is basically the main reason for the great Nerf.
I would suggest a rock that deal like throwing axe and effect the target with slowness 1 for 6 sec, blindness for 3 sec and nausea for 6 sec.

2.a Give troll splash damage (in the hobbit movie azog was wielding a rock on a chain, and if that hit anybody it would deal a ton of damage) so this has two options - instead of throwing the instakill rock it can do instakill damage in a 120 degree cone to all enemies in front of it with a cooldown.

Let's give him resistance 7 instead.

2.b he can pound his ax on the ground and deal +50% damage in the conical area or something, or he can instead of dealing damage deal slowness 3 killing mobility. if u got hit by anything from a troll I doubt you could move, however every hit is too op so the splash works

"To hard to code"

3. leave troll as is, and add armored troll who has 1 extra slowness, either resis 4 or more armor, rock, and iron ax. slightly more durable but also slower. in addition, it would be far more resistant to arrows

Let's make that a donation kit

4. Add one of the above with a slight nerf, but also give additional regen of +4 hearts upon kill and +2 upon assists

You do understand that it basically full regeneration after a 1v1 and will make troll invincible (coz we add 1 of the above op abilities which will allow him to slaughter everyone and Regen by doing so) and how the fck is this even logical? U just killed someone now you get healed

Something good would be if the troll could provoke a seism and players nearby would jump-knockbacked.

A suggestion circling around on the forums a few years ago was to give Trolls an iron-golem morph. It was turned down for being too laggy and i wonder if that's still the case.

If it's not, and it's possible to increase the hitbox of a troll it would allow them to buff troll quite a bit.

A suggestion circling around on the forums a few years ago was to give Trolls an iron-golem morph. It was turned down for being too laggy and i wonder if that's still the case.

If it's not, and it's possible to increase the hitbox of a troll it would allow them to buff troll quite a bit.
Omg you gave me such a reat idea: to improve EW's Visual gameplay, any pkayer who picks troll class is transphormed into an iron golem, and using EW's Resourcepack, the golem would have the texture and shape of a real troll. They would be bigger and much more cool to play, on the troll sode ttackers.

[quote user_id="11532960" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Dr_olex/74.png" name="Dr_olex"]A suggestion circling around on the forums a few years ago was to give Trolls an iron-golem morph. It was turned down for being too laggy and i wonder if that's still the case.

Omg you gave me such a reat idea: to improve EW's Visual gameplay, any pkayer who picks troll class is transphormed into an iron golem, and using EW's Resourcepack, the golem would have the texture and shape of a real troll. They would be bigger and much more cool to play, on the troll sode ttackers.[/quote]
That could get very laggy tho. They might have to decrease the amount of trolls for that.

[quote user_id="10104085" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/LimeeFox/74.png" name="LimeeFox"]

Omg you gave me such a reat idea: to improve EW's Visual gameplay, any pkayer who picks troll class is transphormed into an iron golem, and using EW's Resourcepack, the golem would have the texture and shape of a real troll. They would be bigger and much more cool to play, on the troll sode ttackers.
That could get very laggy tho. They might have to decrease the amount of trolls for that.[/quote]
Since they aren't going to be mobs (also UI) that wouldn't be as laggy as if they were UI.

2c5908a6f6b26de1be5bcac452e0dbd58c804d5feed5a4fdb4a05f11af4e610e_1.jpg

If possible, can we not double post? Include everything in one reply, and everyone will be happy. :slight_smile:

troll is fine right now, he got buffs and a compensating mild nerf of a larger hitbox
I'm happy, everybody is happy
*lock request*

Ok [user avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/LimeeFox/74.png" name="LimeeFox"]10104085[/user] idk how recently this got added but trolls now got the iron golem morph, now it just needs a texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back