• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Not being fixed Voter class vote expires on midnight

This bug will not be fixed.

LimeeFox

Developper
Staff member
Developer
Builder
V2 Legend
Even though you vote for it, you can't use the voter classes after midnight if you've voted before that time. Penalizes players who stay up late/live in different parts of the world

This is intentional, I'm not fixing this. I'm not making a unique handler for every voting site.

In fact, I suspect some even use the player's timezone to reset their vote.

But this breaks gameplay. This is penalizing a lot of players who often happen to live in parts of the world where gameplay is only possible during europpean midnight, and even those players that stay late in europe are also penalized. Imagine you vote at 11:50, having come home from a long day of work and you can't use voter classes. Could we please at-least have a way to use voter classes? No need to bother for the two other votes, they're not as major...

Commander Cannon is also annoyed when his vote class/weapon stops working in the middle of gameplay.

Suggested Fixes:
  1. Replace vote class and vote enchant with silver reward.
  2. Set silver reward for all three votes to 25 for each.

Commander Cannon is also annoyed when his vote class/weapon stops working in the middle of gameplay.

Suggested Fixes:
  1. Replace vote class and vote enchant with silver reward.
  2. Set silver reward for all three votes to 25 for each.
Commander_Cannon, Member

Empire War

23 March 2024

Hi,

I like the suggested fixes. However, I believe an extra 25 points is a bit too much. That is an extra 700 per month, which is a lot. Also, it kills some of the premises of voting to get new players curious about new classes. Voter classes act as a bridge between free and point classes. Removing that just weakens it being unique. It also removes the importance of voting for new players as points will not be as interesting to them until they play more.

My suggestion is to keep the changes for the silver reward, but revert the old changes for voter class/vote enchant to prevent penalization of players. It's not that big of a deal if players reset their vote for something everyone practically uses. Resetting points for silver reward is greater than for sharp weapon and vote classes as it ruins progression.

Regards,

Grissum1

Grissum1
Moderator / Texture Designer
Department of the Creative Team

Empire War / EpicQuestz
favicon.png

Last edited:
My suggestion is to keep the changes for the silver reward, but revert the old changes for voter class/vote enchant to prevent penalization of players. It's not that big of a deal if players reset their vote for something everyone practically uses. Resetting points for silver reward is greater than for sharp weapon and vote classes as it ruins progression.
I'm not quite understanding what you are saying here. Please clarify it for me. Thanks.

Back