• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Pending Dome of Stars infinite restock glitc

This bug is currently under investigation and pending approval on replication.

Rio155

Moderator
Staff member
Junior Moderator
Media Assistant
Inside the dome stars, the flag area has cauldrons used as decoration. These cauldrons can be used infinitly without cooldown to restock food, arrows and spears.
This is pretty overpowered if you figure this out. Remove it quickly!
 
I shall put this into the same category as redstone, trapdoors etc... hard to define which blocks are decoration and which ones you should be able to interact with. If anyone has a wise solution we shall consider implementing it.
 
For this particular instance, I think I have a decent suggestion.

Given that dome of stars ceiling is collapsed, it's entirely reasonable that all the cauldrons gathered a layer or 2 of water from rain. Cauldrons with water, lava, & presumably powdered snow (though I haven't found opportunity to test this) can't be used as restock because they are different blocks from the base cauldron as far as the game is concerned (`water_cauldron`, `lava_cauldron`, & `powdered_snow_cauldron` respectively, compared to `cauldron`).

In fact, the version of v3osgil on EQ seems to have implemented exactly that solution.

For better color matching, I suppose you could set cauldron block to be swamp or pale garden biome (or even use a custom biome with custom water color), but like I said earlier, it's fairly reasonable that these particular cauldrons would have water in them given how open to the sky they are.
 
Back
Top