• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Field Medic very broken

LimeeFox

Developper
Staff member
Developer
Builder
V2 Legend
Hey!

So these issues have been present since the day EW was updated to 1.13, but despite a couple of sjoerdtim's attempts to fix a few of these issues, they are still active.

So what issues am I talking about?

1) Unlimited slices
Basically, whenever a teammate needs to heal, he eats the cake, but the cake doesn't get smaller. It stays an entire cake without losing a single slice.

2) More than 2 cakes
It is known that you cannot have more than 2 cakes, well your counter resets on respawn.
Here is the Evidence:
[youtube]o3c85D9P7DY[/youtube]

3) Teammate destroys cake that still counts as an existing cake in game
I didn't have a chance to test this a second time, because this bug requires 2 people. The one time it happened, was when I placed 2 cakes on the map, and one of my teammates destroyed one of them. I went on to restock it but it didn't allow me to, claiming that I already had 2 cakes laying on the battle field.

4) Cakes stay forever
They are never removed, so a cake you placed once in an Osgiliath game, will still be there a week later when you play Osgiliath
This happened to me while I was recording evidence for the point 2 yesterday, I played Osgiliath today and the cakes were still there. Here are the screenshots:
Cq1GHJg.png

wSyMP4y.png

5) You can get points from healing yourself
I didn't test this personally but NorthernGust (a.k.a. pug) mentioned that he placed his cake down, then changed his class to mage, and then demonstrated how a mage does a leap (& damage) and he instantly eats the cake, and therefore gets rewarded.
Disclaimer: This is possibly not a bug but I really really think this shouldn't be possible

i would also like to say when the fieldmedic cakes gets eaten bye a other player than himself the stats in mvp doesn't count as a heal if someone else eats your cake so pls fix so it does count for healing stats

"bug 3 gondor field medic cant restock wood when placed 2 cake on osgiliat"
-kingmarvin

Fixed #1, #4... cannot reproduce #3.

Edit: might be broken again because of the deeper changes I made. Trying to fix all these issues is going to take some time as all the code is just a mess.

Back