• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Goodbye

StealWonders

Admin
Staff member
Admin
V2 Lord
V1 Lord
Howdy folks,

It’s time to settle down and talk real. As of today I will no longer be your fellow administrator anymore and step down from this role. The reason for my resignation is quite simply because I have lost all interest in Empire War. I would hop on the server nearly every day without doing the work I was supposed to be doing. Due to the stale gameplay, repetitive maps and lack of innovation I instead kept fooling around trying to entertain myself which didn’t coop well with everyone.

My main goal, for which Tobberz and I were promoted, was to motivate Tim to restart his once great server after it had shut down. I helped kickstart the server and quickly took matters into my hands with Tobberz to re-add old maps, features and grow the server into what it used to be. Seeing that Empire War is doing better than ever I can gladly take two steps back and focus on different things.

Most recently, I have started playing other games and work on new - other projects which have me motivated. I also didn’t want to end up being demoted for being inactive or not doing what my tasks were.
I have thought about resigning for a long time now - for the better part of 2 months. Some may say that I shouldn’t resign, but I think it’s for the better. After all, it’s better to not come online at all, instead of coming online without doing your job or having fun playing the game.

I’d like to thank some people in this thread since I feel like they deserve to be thanked.

First of all, I would like to thank Tim:
[user avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/sjoerdtim/74.png" name="sjoerdtim"]960266[/user]
Thanks for letting me help you restart Empire War, motivate you, and grow it to what it is now from the once dead. I had been trying to achieve the moderator rank for 3 years on the old server and you finally gave me the opportunity to become an Admin. Thank you for promoting me and trusting me with your server. To become staff was a dream I always wanted to chase, but I never thought I would be promoted directly to a nearly unachievable rank. Thanks for giving me those chances & a great experience.

To [user avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Tobberz/74.png" name="Tobberz"]9802996[/user] specifically:
Thank you for keeping me motivated at times of down. You always saw the good in everything which is something I adore. Thanks for helping me add all those maps and the various classes we created together. Also a big shoutout for keeping Epic Questz alive and building those epic new maps which are to come in the future.

Third of all [user avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/thebeserker/74.png" name="thebeserker"]1458143[/user] and [user avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/SamB440/74.png" name="SamB440"]7459558[/user] :
Thanks for being such great pals even though you got into a lot of disagreements with the server Team. Specifically, thebeserker who openly talked about his opinions on the server. Thanks, SamB440 for helping me create a java version replacement of Empire War to reduce lag and open up possibilities for new technologies, which we sadly never finished.

Forth and foremost [user avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/TheWitchGuy/74.png" name="TheWitchGuy"]8653932[/user]:
Thanks for taking the time and reporting all those bugs you found while playing the server. Even though you didn’t always start the thread name with a good name, you were the one I could always rely on to find and report bugs allowing the staff to fix them.

And of course, I want to thank the entire staff team for sticking with me and working together with me. Even though a lot of people think the staff are lazy, they for the most part really do everything they can for the server to make it a fun place and should be appreciated for all the hours of their free time they put into working for this server.

It is unsure if I will stay active on the server. Like I said, I’m losing interest in Minecraft in general and Empire War secondly. I’ll still come online from time to time and play with friends, but you will mostly see me either on Epic Questz if I remain there, the forums, or discord. I also don’t know if I will ever re-apply again if that is even possible. I may, I may not. I don’t know yet. I guess the future will tell.
I don’t really know what else to say apart from the choice I made was right. Thanks for all the amazing memories and experiences I got here. (Memories which I will never forget)
I’m going to miss everything extremely much and I know I’ll be sad over it, but it’s for the better. Everything comes to an end eventually.

If you ever do need me, don’t be afraid to ask. I will still help people in the best way I can and I won’t go inactive entirely. Just less on the server. Thanks, everyone for helping and supporting me through the year of ups and downs. I won’t ever forget that. Thanks for everything.

~StealWonders

Thank you for your Servece, i hope to see you again and that you find new insperation,
Farewell

I don't know what to say... It's sad to see you go. I hope to see you online maybe once in a while, but I won't be expecting it. I wish you all the best.

Very good, haha yes.

I am saddened to see you leave but hope you find it to be the right choice. And if not, I think the community will always welcome you back with open arms. Regardless, I thank you for all your contributions and bid you farewell.

Sad to see you go. Thanks for everything you have done for Empire War. Empire War probably wouldn't exist without you, for which I am grateful.

Just so you know, for me, you were a very iconic staff member. I can't see Empire war being the server it is now without you. You gave hope and motivation not just to tim, but alot of it also went to the community. You will be missed dear friend. I hope to see you around build ;3

Yiu deserve much respect amd many thanks.

Will miss you. Thank you for all the hours you have poured into the server, i don't know where it would be without you. Hope to see you around from time to time!
:(

I'm sorry to see this. It comes to a surprise to me as much as anyone.
While it's safe to say we've all seen you become less active lately, it's still quite a step to see you gone.
I think it's very good of you to take a decision like this yourself, instead of just staying around and not doing work anymore.

You will be missed, and you were a very big part in the process of making EW v2. I wish you good luck with everything you're working on in the future.

I shouldn't have gone away for a week, glad I checked back early. This is a bit of a shock.

I know we've had our odd-couple arguments, but looking back to this time last year I really did enjoy keeping EW going with you. Without you, we would simply not be here at all.

To me you have been of unending help, assisting me in those times when it was just the few of us trying to wield a server such as this.

In a way it seems I have failed to once again stop the inevitable, but all good things must end. Good bye.

p.s: Of course you are still as welcome as ever on EQ :)

Back