• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Helms Deep Remake Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmdohar

Hey everyone!

Man this is my first ever post on this website, If you don't know me, I'm lmdohar ingame, and recently I've come back onto the new Empire War. I've also been on the original Empire War, before it closed.

Anyway, apart from that, I will talk about what the title of this thread means.

I've found that the current Helm's Deep map is fairly small and does lack some minor details, yet it's compact design works well with the amount of people we have now, and I've had many enjoyful matches. The original was very big, around 3x the size of the one now, and could easily serve the playerbase then.

The point I'm trying to get to is that as our playerbase starts to grow again, and more people are on more often, I find that eventually the current Helm's Deep would be rather small. So I took the Liberty and started working on a slightly larger version of Helm's Deep (Still in the planning stage), with a design that correlates more to the model from the film. the fortress is roughly the same size as the current, however the cosway from the main gate is slightly wider, thus the outer wall is longer, yet not anywhere as big as the original. All the familiar elements will be there, sidekeep, wall, all the gates and such, except with some more detail and appeal.

Your text to link here...

Anyway it's not even close to finished and this thread will probably turn into an update kind-of thingiemajig. I don't want any money for it or anything in return, I'm just building this for the fun I've had on EmpireWar, and I think Helms Deep can be better. Just throwing this out there, I don't know if this will be implemented, we may never know.

I'd appreciate comments and things you'd like different about it, so this build can make everyone happy with it. Thanks,

lmdohar

P.S. If there's a better way to upload images so people don't have to click on the link, that'd be great.

Helmsdeep is lovely how it is right now, and im pretty sure Tim has some backups of builds and doesnt want any player whatsoever to aid the current mods and him at implementing those builds. But you can always ask.

I would suggest a post on your wall and use [user avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Tobberz/74.png" name="Tobberz"]9802996[/user] , he is not the owner but the owner is his puppet (jk)

I would suggest a post on your wall and use [user avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Tobberz/74.png" name="Tobberz"]9802996[/user] , he is not the owner but the owner is his puppet (jk)
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaa

[quote user_id="6128106" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/lmdohar/74.png" name="lmdohar"]Hey everyone!

Man this is my first ever post on this website, If you don't know me, I'm lmdohar ingame, and recently I've come back onto the new Empire War. I've also been on the original Empire War, before it closed.

Anyway, apart from that, I will talk about what the title of this thread means.

I've found that the current Helm's Deep map is fairly small and does lack some minor details, yet it's compact design works well with the amount of people we have now, and I've had many enjoyful matches. The original was very big, around 3x the size of the one now, and could easily serve the playerbase then.

The point I'm trying to get to is that as our playerbase starts to grow again, and more people are on more often, I find that eventually the current Helm's Deep would be rather small. So I took the Liberty and started working on a slightly larger version of Helm's Deep (Still in the planning stage), with a design that correlates more to the model from the film. the fortress is roughly the same size as the current, however the cosway from the main gate is slightly wider, thus the outer wall is longer, yet not anywhere as big as the original. All the familiar elements will be there, sidekeep, wall, all the gates and such, except with some more detail and appeal.

Anyway it's not even close to finished and this thread will probably turn into an update kind-of thingiemajig. I don't want any money for it or anything in return, I'm just building this for the fun I've had on EmpireWar, and I think Helms Deep can be better. Just throwing this out there, I don't know if this will be implemented, we may never know.
[/quote]

Welp, if I was you, i'd directly start off by simply updating EpicQuestz's version. Detail isn't a problem for the current EW helm's deep. Yes, ,maybe the size is making it a little more difficult to capture the Keep but the helm's you showed using screenshots aren't really looking bigger.

I'd say some more stuff but I won't cuz "Duh, was too lazy to do paragraphs ^^" and some more reasons. I think you are free to try making it "better" how you call it and yes, as others already said, you'd better personally ask tim or other high staff members and not doing a revolution-kind thing.

Have a nice day :D

Ok so to address the two responses (Sorry If I don't understand fully)

Assassin: So what you are saying is that you recommend I post this build on my wall?

Limee: Thanks for your response,
- Is Epic's version of Helm's Deep the original or the current?
- The Helms Deep version I'm making is all around bigger than the current, save for the fortress wall, that is around the same size, the Keep is placed farther back and the walls are planned to be higher.
- How do I contact Tim? Is it via his Enjin account?
- And lastly, I'd be happy to hear more of what you'd like to say about the project.

Thanks,

lmdohar

Oh well I told that I think you first need to show this to lower rank member of EW like [user avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Tobberz/74.png" name="Tobberz"]9802996[/user]  or [user avatar="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.enjin.com/187965/site_logo/small.png" name="StealWonders"]3778789[/user] coz Tim itself is a busy person

Ok so to address the two responses (Sorry If I don't understand fully)

Assassin: So what you are saying is that you recommend I post this build on my wall?

Limee: Thanks for your response,
- Is Epic's version of Helm's Deep the original or the current?
- The Helms Deep version I'm making is all around bigger than the current, save for the fortress wall, that is around the same size, the Keep is placed farther back and the walls are planned to be higher.
- How do I contact Tim? Is it via his Enjin account?
- And lastly, I'd be happy to hear more of what you'd like to say about the project.

Thanks,

lmdohar
Epic's version is the original one. The current was made by Danilem.
You can tim using discord, enjin, in game when he is online, asking other staff members or just wait for him to reply on this thread. :)

Ahoy everyone, I just wanted to update on the project.
I started working on the Keep interior, however I'd link your opinions about it.
Also I'm using default Optifine to do this project, so let me know if there are any blocks that will look drastically different in the E.W. Rp.

thank you,

lmdohar

Can we close this thread or somehow make sure I dont get notifications from it. I cant unsubscribe through phone.

You can gunda, go to the button left to the notifications bell, press subbed, then just click the 3 don't near any subbed thread and press unsub

Hey Witch, is there are way to remove that? The last time I put images into a thread was ages ago, unfortunately I can't remember how to do it.

Hey everyone, just to update on the build. Started working on the Horn of Helm Hammerhand, I wonder what your thoughts are

zrWfS.png

Well I'm clearly not doing the photo thing properly. Here's the link, I don't know what I'm doing wrong

http://imgur.com/a/zrWfS

I tried doing the into the image. I also added the png. I was told about ^ however where does it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back