• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Medic change

Sauron154

V2 Legend
V1 Lord
Add splash healing potions for medic. Because with the new food healing medic is basically useless.
Or add a healing wand with wich they can jump like mage and give wither effect when it hits an enemy and regen when hitting a team mate would have a timer like mage on the wand in addition to splash potions which it can always use and restock. (Timer on wand would be shorter than the timer on mage wand)

Yea, that's the thing with the whole regeneration system; it nullifies the function of a given medic. You never see anyone play medic anymore, other than for the memes. I am not sure how to make medic useful again. Perhaps make medic more than just a healing class. I'd say make medic geared more towards the functionality of that of a bard. Adding splash potions won't help, as you can accidentally heal enemies, also spamming potions on trolls and what not. And giving a mage jump ability would make no sense at all. I mean, it's supposed to be in combat, not always running from it.​

Adding splash potions won't help, as you can accidentally heal enemies, also spamming potions on trolls and what not. And giving a mage jump ability would make no sense at all. I mean, it's supposed to be in combat, not always running from it.​

This. Although I agree we need to work out how to increase usefulness of Medic.

Other medic ideas:
Support instead of Medic
Weapons: Bow,
Arrows: Slowness Arrows 12, Spectral Arrows 6,
(Spectral Arrows dont restock)

Support
Weapons: Kicking shoe, Candy Cane, Hot coco
Candy Cane gives enemys slowness when hit. Has sharp 3.
Hot coco when drunk gives resistance 3 for 5 seconds and regeneration 2 for 3 seconds
Kicking Shoe gives teammates speed 1 for 3 seconds

Field Medic
Weapons: Bandage, Syringe
Bandage gives regen 3 for 3 seconds to teammates
Syringe insta heals a teammate can be used as often as mage fireball with exp bar charging.
Can use horses but doesnt spawn at them.

Medic
Weapons: Syringe, Apple on a stick
Syringe just like the Field Medics but also gives regen with other mouse button.
Apple on a stick when it hits a teammate it feeds them. (Healing them with the standard healing mechanic)
Effects: Resistance 1 (So it won die so easily as it does not have anything to damage players.)

(All of the classes have the normal medic armor and speed 1)

Other medic ideas:
Field Medic
Weapons: Bandage, Syringe
Bandage gives regen 3 for 3 seconds to teammates
Syringe insta heals a teammate can be used as often as mage fireball with exp bar charging.
Can use horses but doesnt spawn at them.

Medic
Weapons: Syringe, Apple on a stick
Syringe just like the Field Medics but also gives regen with other mouse button.
Apple on a stick when it hits a teammate it feeds them. (Healing them with the standard healing mechanic)
Effects: Resistance 1 (So it won die so easily as it does not have anything to damage players.)

(All of the classes have the normal medic armor and speed 1)

I like the idea of a very limited use insta-heal option, but I feel this would work more for a magical class. This hypothetical class could also have some sort of aoe or ability buff to their team's speed, or something like that. I'd make it a point class because we need some more non-donor support classes.

I also like the idea of a class which feeds friendlies, or somehow reduces their hunger loss. But that requires more thought.

Sorry it took me so long to get to this by the way, still not necroposting though...

Back