• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

fj333

V1 King
Does EmpireWar follow the new privacy rules in Europe, if not I will have to report the orginization to the authorities.

Hi,

We're writing to let you know that we've updated our terms of service and privacy policy. These updates apply to everyone who uses EmpireWar including donators, mods and admins.

We recommend that you review them both carefully. If you continue to use EmpireWar, you do so under the new terms and privacy policy.

Any collection of data in relation to Empire War is done either through Minecraft, Enjin or Discord. As such, any GDPR issues in the most strenuous relation with the server are under the edict of Mojang, Enjin, or Discord. It is they who collects your information, not us.

What about server plugins? [user avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/Tobberz/74.png" name="Tobberz"]9802996[/user]

Interesting thing, thanks for pointing it out [user avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/StealWonders/74.png" name="StealWonders"]5363448[/user] . I've done some reading on this - of course I have no legal background, but as far as I can see this is the situation:

The only time we are responsible is if we collect payments ourselves, run the website ourselves, or collect personal information in some other way by ourselves. The first two I have touched on before - PayPal handles our payments, Enjin handles the website.

The only issue I could see coming up is "collect personal information in some other way" - the two facets to this are IPs and UUIDs, which various server plugins will collect. UUIDs can be discarded - they are not personal information, are owned by Microsoft not the players.

IPs however, are categorised as PII under EU law, and so theoretically must be deleted should a player request it since we are based in the UK. However, this is not actually the reality. I'll need to contact Tim to confirm this, but IP logs are not stored permanently either - and as long as this is less than 30 days, there is no issue (EU law would require us to comply with a deletion request within 30 days, and as they would be deleted within that time anyway, this is a non-issue). Further to this, if a banned user requests their IP be deleted, this can be contested under security grounds.

Lastly, enforcement. The EU almost certainly won't go round trying to enforce things such as this. IPs are already kept anonymous by the server, so really there is little issue.

Thats one of the top 10 jokes that went too far, being just below North Korea

Thats one of the top 10 jokes that went too far, just below North Korea
Haha, it really isn't too important, but it's always nice to address this sort of thing. Especially since big server actually have to worry a lot about this, we can pretend to be big :)

Like Tobberz said, we use Minecraft, Enjin, and Discord, so it's not our terms people have to worry about.

As for server plugins, the only thing you could consider an issue is IPs, but they are useful for us to check for alt accounts and we don't abuse them for anything. These rules aren't really a problem for Minecraft servers anyways, and no one will spend time on enforcing it there.

Besides, we don't follow the EULA either, so technically we're illegal anyways.

*Locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back