• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Elves VS Dwarves 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok let's be realstic, it would be elves,why?

Forts:

Moria: Dwarves

Erebor: Elves

Mirkwood: Elves

Iron hills: Dwarves

Rivendell: Elves

The elves would obviously win with range when the dwarves are charging at them!

if I were arguing that elves would be a greater creature I wouldn't say what forts/cities elves made they weren't that good at building. the dwarf's were.
but elf's do live forever if they aren't killed. I would argue that elves could shoot more orc then dwarfs could and are not as greedy as dwarf's.
and if the dwarf's did attack the elf's they wouldn't charge them they would use cross-bows and catapults to siege them not just charge.

So madmanxtreme said that elves would win against Dwarves in Erebor. Isn't this the capital of the Dwarves and therefore going to have there best troops guarding the place? Also forgive me if I am wrong but I would of classed Erebor as a city and not a fort. This would imply that cavalry and archers would be at a disadvantaged against heavy armoured sword men, axe men and spears. As there would be inclosed spaces which cavalry can't charge down for fear of spears at the other end and archers would not have enough room or time to draw their bow back far enough to be able to get pass the thick armour the dwarves habitually wear.

Also surly for the Dwarves to win in Mirkwood could they not just burn it? This would reduce the chances of an ambush attack on them from elven archers. Alternatively they could just tunnel under mirkwood and get in to the fort from the cellar? Forts tend not to be built to defend from an attacker on the inside.

Enough of this "sexier" thing, Its not why they are better, its That for one, the have the most magic out of all humanoid species (Maia, and all those god-like things don't count, they can take any form). Also they have beautiful cities, just like the dwarves, tie on that one. I am a dwarf lover, but I know what is better. Elves, faster, can be stronger, arrogant. Dwarves, Some are helpful, most do what they want for themselves with greed. Btw if the dwarves attacked lorien, they would have no chance, Galadriel protects it with her magic. Only reason dwarves won by 1 vote is no one knows lore anymore, they watch the movies and think they know everything. I repeat, I am a dwarf lover, I am just going by facts.
THREEEAAAADDDD REVIVALLLL.

Dwarves have axes, elves have bows.
Arrow's can't pierce axes.
Dwarves have beards, elves have pointy ears.
Dwarves win.

Elves got bows, swords, daggers, spears
Dwarves got Axes, Swords, Spears, Crossbows
They each got strong armor, Beards don't change a factor in war my friend :p

So madmanxtreme said that elves would win against Dwarves in Erebor. Isn't this the capital of the Dwarves and therefore going to have there best troops guarding the place? Also forgive me if I am wrong but I would of classed Erebor as a city and not a fort. This would imply that cavalry and archers would be at a disadvantaged against heavy armoured sword men, axe men and spears. As there would be inclosed spaces which cavalry can't charge down for fear of spears at the other end and archers would not have enough room or time to draw their bow back far enough to be able to get pass the thick armour the dwarves habitually wear.

Also surly for the Dwarves to win in Mirkwood could they not just burn it? This would reduce the chances of an ambush attack on them from elven archers. Alternatively they could just tunnel under mirkwood and get in to the fort from the cellar? Forts tend not to be built to defend from an attacker on the inside.

1. It does not matter if the dwarves have strong armour, (Aim For the neck, anyone get the ref? :D )
2. They will lose at mirkwood. Of course the dwarves will win and spiders will also trouble them

elves are the bests, they the first and the more inteligent creatures of the begin and all the history of Arda.

To make sure no ones confused, I voted for elves, just so many reasons too do it, but I am a dwarf lover at heart, I like dwarven buildings, fortresses, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back