• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Elves VS Dwarves 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't think a dwarf can even get close enough to hurt an elf. There are way less dwarves than elves also so a war between them would go to the elves. Also, I think elves would win in melee too because of their speed as they would dodge all the slow dwarve's moves and kill him
The amount isn't something what counts.
Remember dwarves have settlements in the Iron Hills and blue mountains too.

Ah but in Valanor (I think) the valar/manwe kills dwarves who go near it as I am aware only one dwarf got to Valanor alive Gimli hence "elf friend Gimli son of glorin"

Clearly dwarves because of the scfrice they made at the battle of Azanulbizar. Wasnt for them the goblins would have overrun the north and sauron would be ruler of all.

Who would win in a melee fight?

Honestly I can't pick both are superior in their own ways. Elves are great at archery and are agile. Dwarves are great blacksmiths and miners so their armor and weapons are far superior to elves. In a one on one If it was ranged I think a elf would win but close combat all the way to the dwarf. If you remember the dwarves made that mithril armor that went to frodo that saved him from the cave troll, but the old elves made the foe hammer, goblin cleaver and sting which were mithril swords which said by gandalf, "some of the finest swords you can find". I think that the dwarves of old and elves of old were both great and powerful. Neither race is better than the other but personally I think that dwarves are cooler because they wield BA axes and are fat and powerful like bomber. You really think that a group of elves could get out of goblin town, think again.

Tbh any elvish clans survived compared to dwarves who are literally dead at home (erebor, moria etc...) so id stay with elves at that moment. But pfc i prefer chllin with dwarves in my little hobbit hole.

I think it would depend on the necromancer and the dwarf/elf.
but in general I think a ancient elf could beat a necromancer (like shown in the hobbit) but I guess if a dwarf was really magical it might be able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back