• Make sure to read the forum rules before creating a new thread or commenting on someone else's thread. The forum rules can be read on this page.

Future of the Build Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobberz

Network Owner
Staff member
Network Owner
The Empire War Siege server may be closing, but the Epicquestz Build server isn't! Not only this, but it will now have no whitelist!

So, if you are a die-hard community member (like most of us), do not fear, for we have found salvation in Epicquestz.

Now, I hear you ask "but who could have possibly bestowed such good fortune upon us?". The answer is that mythical beast in the background, LOCKRULES! (AKA: Our Lord and Savior).

Many of you will not be on the build server at the moment, so let me explain ranks and such:

Standard:
  • Novice: The rank you get when you first join.
  • Apprentice: The standard of building that would have gotten you whitelisted.
  • Builder: You have proven yourself to be a capable builder, and may now help on major projects.
  • Architect: A sort-of secondary level builder, these people get Worldedit and Voxelsniper.
  • Artist: The highest achievable rank by your average player. Artists are the most skilled and experienced builders on the server, they can build everywhere and have a full range of tools available to them.

Staff:
As it stands, the two staff ranks are Designer and Creator. Who has these ranks is still being decided, but it will (probably eventually) include Lockrules, gelekaasvlek, Tobberz, sjoerdtim and Only_God.

So, come online! Start building the future of this community.
build.empirewar.org

p.s: A new IP and donation system will come in time.

A wild Lock appears.

Like many of you, I've been a part of this community for 4+ years. As a veteran, and a lover of this game. I will do what I can do make sure I keep a part of it alive. I will be doing this to relieve pressure from Tim's heavy server costs, and no matter the outcome of Tim's decision. I'd also like to make it clear the decision has not yet been finalised on if the server will close.

Most of you will know I am not the most active staff member, so changes will need to be made to the Build server's staff team, in order to control an increase in the servers popularity, and improving the longevity of the server.

More information to come soon.

1) Traveler is replaced with Apprentice
2) Yes all ranks (apart from traveler) are kept.

I'm excited for this Build Renaissance! It gives me hope that though Siege is lost, the Middle- Earth project and perhaps many others will carry on with these absolutely wonderful people.

I've always been a fan of build and I think it's great that build will stay open. Thanks lock, gele, only God and tobberz, I may return from my inactivity and regain the interest I once had in this server.
Edit: forgot gelse and Only god

I've always been a fan of build and I think it's great that build will stay open. Thanks lock and tobberz, I may return from my inactivity and regain the interest I once had in this server.
Wow u forgot to thank niek

A wild Lock appears.

Most of you will know I am not the most active staff member
673182b774103c7d7867085338c579c7f64c3c1bbc9615a67724a131738566cd.jpg

A wild Lock appears.

Like many of you, I've been a part of this community for 4+ years. As a veteran, and a lover of this game. I will do what I can do make sure I keep a part of it alive. I will be doing this to relieve pressure from Tim's heavy server costs, and no matter the outcome of Tim's decision. I'd also like to make it clear the decision has not yet been finalised on if the server will close.

Most of you will know I am not the most active staff member, so changes will need to be made to the Build server's staff team, in order to control an increase in the servers popularity, and improving the longevity of the server.

I get Artist or Designer, right?

[quote user_id="4149480" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/lockrules/74.png" name="lockrules"]A wild Lock appears.

I get Artist or Designer, right?[/quote]
No you get owner.

[quote user_id="4803008" avatar="https://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/adamrob2002/74.png" name="adamrob2002"]The best builder has returned to his server... Wait why am I not creator yet?
We tried, but your ego got in the way[/quote]
Savage

Just to add to this:
1) We made a Mod rank.
2) epicquestz.com got a revamp.

#NotABump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back